Ruger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Those are impressive numbers espo
The initial factory test went 27,000 rounds before the first stoppage.
Those are impressive numbers especially when you consider the cost of the American. Do you happen to know what the sigs numbers were? Just for comparison

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Those are impressive numbers espo

Those are impressive numbers especially when you consider the cost of the American. Do you happen to know what the sigs numbers were? Just for comparison
I do not, but the test called for 25,000 rounds with no more than 5, so I am sure the Sig accomplished that

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have two Ruger American pistols ( one compact 9 and the other a full size 45) which I just love. They remind me of the p series, big and reliable. Mine have both been flawless so far with around 500 rounds through each. I searched the internet for torture tests and not much comes up. Just seeing if anyone has any experience.
Had my eyes on the Ruger American Pro 9mm for a while but was going to purchase the S&W M&P 2.0 when suddenly the RAP was on sale for $299 vs $485. The lowest the S&W would go was $425 and no comparison really. Thanks to Covid-19 my local range was closed for many months before I could finally get in recently. I am very happy with my experience! 4 x 17 round magazines flowed flawlessly loaded with Scorpio 124gr FMJ NATO. Two magazines using my right hand and two using my left hand. After only owning a 22LR/22WMR revolver and this my first 9mm, I cannot wait to put more rounds of various brands and +P down range. Now if only availability of ammunition weren't a problem, along with cost, I could actually be a happy first time owner of a 9mm product.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Had my eyes on the Ruger American Pro 9mm for a while but was going to purchase the S&W M&P 2.0 when suddenly the RAP was on sale for $299 vs $485. The lowest the S&W would go was $425 and no comparison really. Thanks to Covid-19 my local range was closed for many months before I could finally get in recently. I am very happy with my experience! 4 x 17 round magazines flowed flawlessly loaded with Scorpio 124gr FMJ NATO. Two magazines using my right hand and two using my left hand. After only owning a 22LR/22WMR revolver and this my first 9mm, I cannot wait to put more rounds of various brands and +P down range. Now if only availability of ammunition weren't a problem, along with cost, I could actually be a happy first time owner of a 9mm product.
Congratulations. That's an awesome deal on the RAP. keep me posted on how it does. I wouldn't be afraid to put mine against anything in any test, I'm very confident in both of my Americans.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts