Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought a Ruger American in .243 and I have a Leupold scope for it. I went to Leupold's website and got the mount that they recommend. However the screws that go into the gun are not long enough. There is already a rail on the gun and on some pics of the gun I don't see that. I was just wondering if anyone has any info on what I can do. This is my first rifle so I'm very new to this. Anything helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can you post a pic of top of the rifle, then 1 of the rings.

I have an American Predator, it has a Pic rail already. My wife has a 243 Win in her Mossberg Patriot, it was easy to put a rail on, but she wanted just rings. I put a rail on my 10/22's and on her model 60. I run rings on her WMR and my 30-30. I already had a rail on my MSR. But, this is getting off track.

So, can you upload photos?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a pic of top of the rifle, then 1 of the rings.

I have an American Predator, it has a Pic rail already. My wife has a 243 Win in her Mossberg Patriot, it was easy to put a rail on, but she wanted just rings. I put a rail on my 10/22's and on her model 60. I run rings on her WMR and my 30-30. I already had a rail on my MSR. But, this is getting off track.

So, can you upload photos?

Let me know if you need another one. Thanks
IMG_7393.JPG
IMG_7393.JPG

·
Registered
109 Posts
Okay, that is a standard scope ring, you need a pic rail.

Like this:

I prefer scope bases with rings:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hi guys,

I bought a Ruger American in .243 and I have a Leupold scope for it. I went to Leupold's website and got the mount that they recommend. However the screws that go into the gun are not long enough. There is already a rail on the gun and on some pics of the gun I don't see that. I was just wondering if anyone has any info on what I can do. This is my first rifle so I'm very new to this. Anything helps. Thanks.
You need to either buy rings that mount on a Weaver/Picatinny rail or you need to remove the rail entirely and mount those Leupold rings using the drilled and tapped holes in the receiver intended for those bases.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
The American comes with a 1913 Pic rail. Should you decide to use it Weaver style rings are not compatible with a 1913 rail. Personally I’d leave the rail on, it will offer you more flexibility for obtaining proper eye relief.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lots of options out there. Here are just 3 quick examples. The wooden stock is directly mounted to the receiver. The black has an aftermarket rail mount and then rings. The green is the American with built in rail and a mount. All work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts