Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't look now folks but I was just checking the Ruger site for the 327. In the column that says "order" it is blank for the SP and the Blackhawk single action. It's still shown for the GP but none in stock. I sure am afraid that it is being dropped from their line. I would say if you own one and reload you had best stock up on brass. Starlines site for brass is down to back order when "sufficient orders received". This could be the end for a fine little caliber.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm really surprised that it never caught on. I find it to be one of the most enjoyable rounds when at the gun range. I have the SP101 and GP100 and was hoping to get the Blackhawk this next year. Looks like that might not be happening now.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have the GP and SP and had my eye peeled for the Blackhawk. It's a good accurate little caliber and still think it could be used for self defense. I think what surprises me the most is that it looks like the Blackhawk and the SP are being dropped and the GP is still being offered. I would think the SP would stay and but I guess we don't see the over all big picture. I'll be shooting mine for many years to come as I reload and have a bit of a stock of brass and will be watching out for more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was at my LGS last month and they said their Ruger rep had just been there. I was looking for a 327 Federal in the sp101 and they said that the Ruger rep told them Ruger was dropping the 327 in the sp101. They didn't say anything about the GP or Blackhawk.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi 41RED,
I'm really hoping that the GP100 will still be made in 327. Only because I just bought a SP101 and hope to be able to find ammo for a long time to come.

I'm not too worried about Ruger's website showing the GP100 out of stock. Just about every other revolver says the same thing. What's up with that anyway?

]

·
Registered
271 Posts
A lgs had a Sp I just picked up recently. They also have two Blackhawks that I'm thinking seriously about . I already had an older 32S&W long.

I haven't set up for reloading them yet, but will soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I contacted Ruger customer support early last week concerning the rumors of them dropping handguns chambered in .327. The reply was cryptic, but said that they are temporarily suspending production but NOT dropping it from their line and that they would be back in production soon. For what its worth.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hope they put it back in production. I want to get one in the next few months. I just got my sr1911 last month, so I need to wait a little before buying another pistol.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked with Starline yesterday and they told me they should be having a run by the end of January. I went ahead and ordered 1000. I like their brass better than Federal and right now Federal brass in my area is running $24.95 per hundred. Smith still lists a 327 on their site. I throughly enjoy shooting the GP in 327 but when you get right down to it, I like shooting both the SP and GP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts