Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I recently received a few accessories I ordered for my new Ruger AR 556. However, after reading what little instruction which was included with the items, and speaking with customer service whom assured me these two pieces are compatible, I for the life of me can't see how. I've done some reading and watched a few videos but just can't figure it out.

I've included a photo of the two items, one being a UTG Pro quad rail and the other a Magpul MOE vertical rail grip. So are these pieces really compatible? The rail says it's equipped with four Mil-spec picatinny rails but the grip says it's for use with a 1913 picatinny rail.

This is my first AR as well as my first attempt to modify one. All safety precautions are being strictly adhered to; empty gun(verified), no magazine inserted, in safety firing position. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for any and all input.

Happy holidays to all.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I watched a video, and it looks pretty easy. Screw down your delta ring and remove the stock hand guards. Snap the quad rail halves in place. The ends with the hole in them go towards the front. Install the supplied screws and re-tighten your delta ring.

The Magpul vertical grip should easily install on a picatinny rail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Am I supposed to take off that center piece on the grip? And if I do how do I make the other end secure? I watched so many videos and always said, "Oh wow, looks simple enough" thinking I'd be ample ready today, but I was incorrect.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
The screws go in the slots on the 1913 rail if that helps. Put the grip on the rail, put the screws in, and then with the screws in the slots attach the other side for a clamping effect. You may not need the center piece for 1913 rail, I cant really tell by the pic. The center piece may be for a different mounting option not using 1913 rail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice, yeah no need for that center piece or any of the extra screws, thank you. So I got the grip attached the bottom rail piece. I've lowered the delta ring but can't get the quad rail inserts inside of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts