Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here, recently purchased the 556 and I’m about to Install a new handrail and low profile gas block.

I want to get the RENEGADE RAIL AND DICTATOR KIT from POF but I’m not sure if it will fit/compliant with the Ruger platform.

This is my first AR and I have shot the POF the hand rail was perfect for me and that why I’m choosing it.

Does anybody here know if that kit will work on the river or not?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Have you shot the new rifle yet ? Just wondering how good it shoots. They are fun to shoot.

·
Registered
155 Posts
On the website it says for that rail the barrel base needs to be under 1” and for the dictator gas block the barrel needs to be .750”. Get out your calipers or ask ruger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
I know you probably dont want to hear this, but I would get out and shoot the gun first, if for nothing else than to check function and basic accuracy. Reason being in the off chance there is an issue with your gun (remote chance, but its always there) it will first save you the back and forth trying to figure out of the aftermarket parts caused the issue or if the issue was underlying. Second, if it does have to go back, all your aftermarket parts will be taken off and it will be returned to factory spec, possibly at your expense, so get out, shoot it, get a baseline, the mod it up the way you want. You can call Ruger to get the specs, or better yet, give POF a call and see if they know of anyone who has made the mods you want to do and how it turned out.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I think for $299.99 for this kit I'd make a couple of phone calls. I don't fully understand what this kit does. Does it act like an adjustable regulator for the gas coming out of the barrel ? Kind of like adjusting a carburetor on a car, that's what it seems like.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Need some help here, recently purchased the 556 and I’m about to Install a new handrail and low profile gas block.

I want to get the RENEGADE RAIL AND DICTATOR KIT from POF but I’m not sure if it will fit/compliant with the Ruger platform.

This is my first AR and I have shot the POF the hand rail was perfect for me and that why I’m choosing it.

Does anybody here know if that kit will work on the river or not?
Couple questions for you. The standard Ruger AR 556 comes with the A2 front sight and does not have a free float handguard. Is yours set up that way??

If yours has the A2 front sight do you know you will have to take it off to put a free float handguard on it ?? Taking an A2 front sight off is not an easy task. The free float handguard will have a different barrel nut for it. Are you equipped to take the barrel nut off?

Unless you have made a modification like that to an AR or have a friend who has it might be a little more than you want to tackle. Just something to think about.

·
Emperor
885 Posts
For $300 for this kit, I would be looking at getting a separate upper with a low profile gas block and a free-float hand guard already installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts