Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start with, I'm fairly new to this style of rifle. I bought the MPR last week along with some MBUS Buis. They are "real" ones as I bought them from a very reputable big box sporting goods store. I installed the back sight on the receiver rail just fine but when I went to install the front sight, no matter where I put it on the handguard rail, I can't tighten it enough to get it to securely fit (not wiggle). I thought I might not be tightening enough so I end up switching the front and back sights and I had no problem with the back sight on the receiver rail and the same problem with the front sight on the handgaurd rail.

Furthermore, the front sight is so loose on the handguard rail (without tightening jt), if I turn the rifle vertical, it will just slide down the rail from gravity until it gets to the receiver rail. I definitely do not have the problem I've read most about where it's so tight on the rail it's hard to move. I'm having the opposite problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I dont have calipers to measure the rail width.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,773 Posts
Thats unusual most are sights are setup for 1913 or weaver type use. Its hard to say with out pictures or having it in hand but i would check the mbus, all are not created equal. Meaures the rail with a tape measure. across the top, that should give you a clue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have zero issue with the rear MBUS on either rail, but the front MBUS is loose no matter what, your problem is obviously the MBUS and not the MPR rails. I would exchange the MBUS for a new set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts