Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Picked one up just before Christmas but unfortunately Winchester ammo wouldn't fit in the the cylinder. Sent it back to Ruger and it's been gone since before New Years but just received the tracking info that it will be here on Thursday. Love the idea of this gun and can't wait to get it to the range.

Viceroy 馃煩馃煩馃煩
A lot of us have commented here that Winchester ammo won't load in Bearcats and Single Sixes. My 'cat chambers and shoots CCI phenomenally well so I didn't want to mess that up and simply choose not to buy Winchester.

I'm curious, did Ruger give you a reason?

Registered
Picked one up just before Christmas but unfortunately Winchester ammo wouldn't fit in the the cylinder. Sent it back to Ruger and it's been gone since before New Years but just received the tracking info that it will be here on Thursday. Love the idea of this gun and can't wait to get it to the range.

Looks good. Looking forward to that range report.

Registered
I'll be curious to hear what they say as well. My Shop Keeper still binds up a little with Winchester M-22 rounds. Federal and CCI are fine so I too haven't sent mine in yet. I haven't found any ammo that won't chamber. The cylinder rotation just becomes difficult.

Registered
We have the adjustable sight version of the Bearcat, but have never tried Winchester ammo in it and probably never will, given that other ammo shoots so well.

Have to say, though, if I saw one of those Shopkeepers in a display case for sale, I wouldn't be able to pass it up. What a beauty! Let us know how it shoots for you.

Registered
That Shopkeeper does look cute. I've had all the previous Bearcat models and always used Super X ammo without hangups but never tried the new M-22's. The Shopkeeper is out of my budget so I had to opt for the other cheaper 22 Birdhead. Was amazed at how comfortable that grip is to hold.

Registered
I have an older Bearcat, purchased in 1964, that chambers Winchester ammo just fine. I really like the looks of the shopkeeper but wonder haw accurate it will be with a 3" barrel.......robin

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I currently own 1 single six bicentennial and have owned another single six and they had no problems with any ammo at all. I loaded this gun up with the Winchester that would fit and wound up having to remove the cylinder to unload it because it wouldn't turn.

Registered
Which Winchester ammo ?? Super X has always worked for me.
Several threads on Web gun forums complaining about the bulk M-22's. Often warned to do not buy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Which Winchester ammo ?? Super X has always worked for me.

Several threads on Web gun forums complaining about the bulk M-22's. Often warned to do not buy.

It's the bulk stuff and it works in every other 22 that I own. Every 22 I own except a single shot Rossi and NAA is a Ruger. 3 10/22s MK3 MK1 and single six

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Just came back today. Took her out back and did some shooting. Here are the results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts