Ruger Forum banner

Ruger Bisley Vaquero

6K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Frank V 
#1 ·
I've been to find one in Stainless, 45 LC, 4 5/8 ". They are hard to find in this area. Are they more rare than others?

#6 ·
quote:Originally posted by magnum62

I've been to find one in Stainless, 45 LC, 4 5/8 ". They are hard to find in this area. Are they more rare than others?
There's one at my local shop. It's beautiful. I just don't want a .45 right now. The one gun I am looking for is no where to be found locally and looks like I'll have to buy online. I hate that because it ends up being a lot more $$.

They also have a SS 5.5" OM Vaquero convertible there. .45ACP/.45 LC. I wanted and still want one, but not until I get my .357 OM Vaquero.

#9 ·
I have found that the harder it is to find THE gun I am looking for the happier I am when I find it. I was looking for a .44 Bisley Vaquero for a year to match one that I had. I went to gun shows and shops and searched the internet. Finally one turned up at a show in Lansing (MI). Now I have two and I intend to shoot them Saturday in a CAS match.

Jay

#19 ·
A Tale Of Two Bisley Vaqueros

Missouri formerly had a permit to purchase...$10 permit from your county sheriff's office.

I found two stainless 44 BISLEY VAQUEROs in 5.5 inch for $500 NIB at a local shop. Bought one and called back a few days later to get the second. They said it was sold. Another shop had a blue/cc 5.5 inch 44 BISLEYVAQUERO for $375, so I settled for it and went to get the permit. As I was headed back to pick up the blue, I went past the first shop...seems the clerk screwed up and they still had the 5.5 inch stainless, but now at $535. (This was when they announced no more Original Size VAQUEROS.) Scratched my ... er...nose, silently cursed the clerk, and put the second stainless gun in lay-away for two months.

The blue gun is a shade more accurate than either stainless..don't know why because they all three need a trigger job (and are going to ALPHA PRECISION in May.) I've been looking for another, but not much luck so far. There's a 5.5 inch standard VAQUERO in the safe and BISLEY parts aren't that expensive, so ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.