Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
They never made them in stainless to my knowledge.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine's an all black three screw that's a hoot to shoot with mil. surplus ammo. Can't ever say never with Ruger since they put out thousands of Dealers Exclusives each year.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I'm gonna go all in and say nope - never happened. If you look at the photos the grip frame looks like bare aluminum and is clearly a different material than the frame and barrel. Ruger always uses a stainless steel grip frame on a stainless steel model. The gun is either "in the white" or has had a finish applied like hard chrome or some other coating. Not the greatest pictures but I would bet it's not a stainless steel gun.

RENE Reference makes no mention of any New Model Blackhawk 30 Carbine in stainless steel either.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Be nice if Ruger would make a .30 carbine chambered long gun, which would be, er, a carbine. That way folks could have a carbine and revolver chambered for the same cartridge.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Neon Horse
Thanks for the photo. I couldn't get that Armslist URL to open. One ugly custom for sure, but if $200 would make a beater shooter.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I'd buy it cheap and just have it hot blued, or just finish polishing it and leave it Armory Bright:)

I've seen brand new .30 Blackhawks, which is good, because I want one.......The only answer right now for a "carbine/revolver" combo is either a real or repro M1 Carbine and the .30 Blackhawk.

I think one of USFA's failed ventures was a .30 Carbine Colt clone, probably rare and valuable today, they made it as a WWII tribute or some such.......it was called the "Lend Lease Carbine revolver" or something..

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Yep, that gun has had all the blue removed and is "in the white". The alloy grip frame has had all anodizing and black coloring removed.

It could be polished and look just like stainless. Use a stainless grip frame to replace the alloy. Re-blue the front sight blade and no one would know but you. Bare polished steel will not rust with normal care and a little surface oil just like a blued gun.

Here's one with a polished out frame from about 6 years ago:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts