Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered one lately ? My dealer keeps saying it is backordered . What is the wait time on one of these ? Thanks

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Kinda depends on which distributor your dealer is going through. If they don't stock it regularly, they get the order from your dealer then place their order to Ruger. All depends on production and previous orders. Another route is to just go to GunBroker. Might cost a bit more but if you get what you want, the little extra $ shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BlkHawk . I don't like to buy off those sites , I like to see it in my hand . Too much back and forth if there is a problem . Thats the problem in NJ , the permit is only good for 90 days and you can extend it once . They are only 2 bucks but sometimes you have to wait a month to get one . So you order it long before and hope it comes in at the time of your permit .

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Has anyone ordered one lately ? My dealer keeps saying it is backordered . What is the wait time on one of these ? Thanks
Bud's has a beautiful Bisley Vaquero stainless 5 ½" .45 Colt in stock right now.

The also have a blue Bisley Blackhawk .45 Colt in stock but it has a 7" barrel.

They list all the Bisley Blackhawk barrel length and steel options. You might want to consider "backordering" one through them. I've had great success with Bud's.

Here's the link to the Vaquero. It makes me drool. Oh yeah, $578 Delivered to your FFL

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...45+LC+Bisley+Vaquero+w5.5"+BarrelHigh+Gloss+S

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Have you checked "Davidson's Gallery of Guns" to see if they have one in stock. If they do you can check the "Gun Genie" on their site and it will give you local dealers in your area that they can ship to and the price they will charge, which is normally below Dealer suggested price. You only pay a small portion of the price to Davidson via credit card and pay the balance at your local dealer.

If the gun has a defect, I believe you can refuse to take it and get a refund, also if the gun fails to show up at the dealer, you get a full refund. It normally takes about 3-5 days to get the gun to the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to my dealer today and there it was ! Surprise , 45 colt 7 1/2 , as I wanted . I did not want the permit to run out . They are only 2 $ but sometimes it takes more than a month to get one . Thank you for all the replys and advice ! Merry Christmas to all !

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered mine on the 29th of December, and didnt get it until the 27th of January. I would say that unless they have it in stock expect to wait about a month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts