Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have my new Ruger Blackhawk in about a week. Can anybody give me an idea on a holster for it. I want a western style and not fancy. I.m going with the 4.62" barrel and .357 chambering. I have a Cimarron 1873 chambered for .357, so I wouldn't have to carry differen't ammo, when I'm hunting.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I should have my new Ruger Blackhawk in about a week. Can anybody give me an idea on a holster for it. I want a western style and not fancy. I.m going with the 4.62" barrel and .357 chambering. I have a Cimarron 1873 chambered for .357, so I wouldn't have to carry differen't ammo, when I'm hunting.
I've been looking myself...I have the same barrel in the Convertible .357/9mm. Post up something you find!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,671 Posts
mrjohns, I moved your thread to the more appropriate Handgun Accessories Forum. BTW, your Blackhawk is a "revolver" not a pistol. Pistols are those strange bottom feeders that go bang every time you pull the trigger ... and you don't even have to cock them.

I would highly recommend a leather holster for a SA revolver. There are many to choose from but some of them get pretty expensive. "Hunter" brand holsters are quite good, very basic, but are priced modestly.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I use nylon for all my woods pistols. I ride an ATV, (dust ) and the holster can and have gotten blood on them hauling game out. I can hand wash them, dry and good as new. Not pretty but, they are practicle, cheap and durable.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Check out leather holsters at sportsmansguide.com. They have a few and some have decent prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts