Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my indoor range this am to see if the BX Trigger would improve the accuracy of my Takedown. Wow, put 7 rounds of CCI AR Tactical on the bullseye in a tight shot group I had never done before! A tad larger than a pea at 30 yards. Very impressed with the light pull. My first post BTW. I have a Nikon 4x32 rimfire scope.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Whadya mean? A pea is an internationally recognized standard of measurement. :)
I believe that if you are going to use food as a unit of measure you need to use the poppyseed and the barelycorn. Unless of course you were talking about volume, in which case you could use a hogshead.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Went to my indoor range this am to see if the BX Trigger would improve the accuracy of my Takedown. Wow, put 7 rounds of CCI AR Tactical on the bullseye in a tight shot group I had never done before! A tad larger than a pea at 30 yards. Very impressed with the light pull. My first post BTW. I have a Nikon 4x32 rimfire scope.
Welcome from Missouri. Glad the trigger worked for you.
Next time I see one for $60, I'm grabbing one.

I have the Nikon 4X on my new Charger & love it for 22LR.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just picked up a 10/22 so it sounds like a worthwhile aftermarket addition. Will keep my eyes open for sale pricing before "pulling the trigger" (sorry bad pun ;))

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum from Illinois.
Glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can actually test the BX trigger before you but it. The packaging explains how, I picked the lightest one on the rack. It is a Hugh improvement over stock.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Here is picture of my pea size grouping lol. What measure should I have used? Half inch?
Some people believe 1/2 minute of barn is good.
I think the pea reference is adequate for the grouping.
Maybe half minute of pea. (Doesn't sound right)
1/2 MOP.
Whatever you want to call it, looks like one ragged hole.
Good shootin' in my book. :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
WOW! Nice shooting. I have a BX trigger in my spares drawer. I also had a choice and picked what I considered the best of the bunch. It's interesting that there is a difference in those triggers which one can test in the packaging. I wonder what the tolerance range is. My BX was better than stock, but not good enough. Had my stock trigger treated by Brimstone; it now has 2 1/4 pound pull, smooth and crisp.

I plan to have Brimstone work on my spare BX , if I decide to do another build.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts