1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good on them. Thanks for posting.:)

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Seems that all Gun and Ammo makers are seeing massive buying right now BUT when this is over where are they going to be. A lot of the buying is panic buying people are seeing that a lot of places wnt the police defunded or removed completely and they have come to realize that they have to be able to protect themselves something that gun owners have been saying for years. The problem is that the market is going to be flooded if these people decide that they really did not need to have this protection as the police are still with us.

Personally I hope that the demand stays high for a long period of time that will mean that there are millions of new gun owners and they are not going to want to be disarmed the downside is that product is going to be hard to find for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
21,262 Posts
That $5 per share special dividend must have made the stock soar.

Reactions: RJF

·
Registered
356 Posts
Maybe the surge in sales will help Remington with the bankruptcy. All gun co's should save a for a rainy day too. And not get ahead of them selves for when the surge ends.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe the surge in sales will help Remington with the bankruptcy. All gun co's should save a for a rainy day too. And not get ahead of them selves for when the surge ends.
I wonder if Remington be saved. The legal actionsit is fighting as a result of Sand Hook are a lead anchor. Add to that the simple fact that it is no longer a premier gu make as it was years ago. It’s custome service is awful, and I have personal experience in that regard. I sold my RM380 because of poor CS.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seems that all Gun and Ammo makers are seeing massive buying right now BUT when this is over where are they going to be. A lot of the buying is panic buying people are seeing that a lot of places wnt the police defunded or removed completely and they have come to realize that they have to be able to protect themselves something that gun owners have been saying for years. The problem is that the market is going to be flooded if these people decide that they really did not need to have this protection as the police are still with us.

Personally I hope that the demand stays high for a long period of time that will mean that there are millions of new gun owners and they are not going to want to be disarmed the downside is that product is going to be hard to find for awhile.
I do not think the gun sales boom is likely to last too much longer. The market expanded over the last six months Due to the demonstrations, civil unrest, COVID 19, and fear of gun bans to come. While there are more gun owners today than 6 months ago the number is still a small percentage of the population. I am not sure that an ever growing number of Americans will want guns unless things get much worse. The Election will likely cause an increase, but I doubt it would be a continuing increase. As for me, I am thinking about another gun purchase, but I will wait for the demand to slow to get the best price I can.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Good for Ruger and the entire industry as a whole!

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,317 Posts
Could also be a result of introducing the Ruger Charger in 9mm plus the unrest.

·
Registered
916 Posts
A friend of mine said he wouldn't mind having a gun but his wife was afraid and said no guns in this house . That was spring of 2019. At breakfast with the guys two weeks ago he said he wants to buy two for home defense. A shotgun and something his wife could use. I wonder if she watched the news with the St.Louis couple and peaceful protesters invading a gated community.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A friend of mine said he wouldn't mind having a gun but his wife was afraid and said no guns in this house . That was spring of 2019. At breakfast with the guys two weeks ago he said he wants to buy two for home defense. A shotgun and something his wife could use. I wonder if she watched the news with the St.Louis couple and peaceful protesters invading a gated community.
A 20 gauge with a Decelerator pad is a good option for a lady.
So is a 10/22 loaded with Stingers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought 3 of those Italian used surplus Berettas over the past 2/3 years. New grips for two of them really spruced them up, and they all shoot and operate very well. I really don't NEED them, so if the used gun market goes up, maybe I can make a little money on them! If not, I'll just pass them down when I go down. At least one LGS here in Pittsburgh has the popular ammo in the back, so they can keep some in inventory. 2 box limit. I suppose many are doing this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My son in law wants a ar15 before the on coming election. Guess he’s worried.
Was at LGS yesterday. There was a couple there that were at least 75 yr old. They were buying one AR and were ordering another. One for upstairs and one for downstairs they said.
Interesting.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
2,891 Posts
Was at LGS yesterday. There was a couple there that were at least 75 yr old. They were buying one AR and were ordering another. One for upstairs and one for downstairs they said.
Interesting.
At that age it takes a while to get up the stairs! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts