Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Thanks for the link. I've been thinking about one of those.bI would like to keep my OM Blackhawk convertible with that barrel length pristine. With this one, I could shoot it all I want and not worry about wear and tear.

·
Registered
423 Posts
If they would make this in a 3.5" barreled version with tritium front dot I buy one but I couldn't find a reason to take over my 2 45 Blackhawks the moment. Hopefully Ruger start listening since to carry one all day needs to be a short barrel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If they would make this in a 3.5" barreled version with tritium front dot I buy one but I couldn't find a reason to take over my 2 45 Blackhawks the moment. Hopefully Ruger start listening since to carry one all day needs to be a short barrel.
Agreed! if its a "carry"hawk....then it should have been 3.5 / 3.75 barrel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is illegal to pack anything under 4 inchs for hunting, even as back up, in many hunting jurisdictions. Of course our friends up north have th 4.25 barrel rule as well so the 4 5/8th appears to be the logical choice from a marketing point of view.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is illegal to pack anything under 4 inchs for hunting, even as back up, in many hunting jurisdictions. Of course our friends up north have th 4.25 barrel rule as well so the 4 5/8th appears to be the logical choice from a marketing point of view.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Well then change the name to "Canadian Hunting Hawk".
A 'Carry Hawk" should be short.
Probably , not for everyone , but for my wants , I would prefer a mid- frame . If that restricts it to 45acp ,so be it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts