Ruger Forum banner

Ruger Charger Questions

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  PhoenixFire 
#1 ·
I just bought the 10/22 charger and put in a Wolff trigger spring and sear spring. Also polished the sear and hammer like MCarbo video shows. It went down maybe half a pound. Now about 3 lbs.

What has more affect on the trigger pressure on this pistol, the sear spring or the trigger spring?

I shot it once and it held a beautiful pattern at 15 yards with the bipod, but the red dot reflex sights don't work well if you have bifocals. You go from one dot to multiple dots.

I am looking at an inexpensive scope.

Any suggestions?

Semper Fi

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Ray! Congratulations on your new Charger. I bought mine a month ago. I haven't done any trigger mods yet. I'll have to watch the MCARBO video you mentioned. I have been shooting my Charger with a Bushnell 3-9x36 riflescope I had laying around. The short eye relief was a problem, and it looked too big on the pistol. I ordered the Simmons 2-6x32 Pistol Scope from Amazon. They only had silver, bit I didn't care since my Charger is just a range toy. Simmons has discontinued this model, and there are not many options for a variable power handgun scope in the $100.00 range. UTG has a variable power pistol scope online for the same $106.00 I paid for the Simmons. The UTG has a lighted reticle and comes with rings, but I am skeptical that they can provide all that and still have decent optics and hold zero for such a low price. I chose the basic plex reticle of the Simmons and I already had Weaver rings. My scope (and Bikini Cover) arrived yesterday. I just mounted it and am ready to go sight it in. Unfortunately it has been raining here this morning. It's supposed to clear up this afternoon and I hope to run a couple of hundred rounds through it. The scope is clear and seems to offer good eye relief. I hope this info helps. Happy shooting!

Attachments

#3 ·
Here is my take; I have had my Charger a number of years. Originally mounted an EER pistol scope, after all it is a pistol? Didn't like it, I never really hold it like a handgun, with no recoil eye relief is not a problem, so I like holding it close to my face. So I put a rifle scope on, much better for me. Even from the bench, I scrunch up close to the scope. Eventually went to this;

#4 ·
I watched the video the OP referenced. I broke my trigger group down for polishing of the sear and hammer. I still have the stock springs, but the pull is crisp and creep free. I'm pretty sure that the trigger return spring is mostly responsible for pull weight. That single spring is all there is to the MCARBO kit (plus a slave pin to aid reassembly). After installation of their lighter spring and polishing of the sear/hammer engagement point they demonstrate a pull of under 2 pounds. I will probably spend the $12.95 and order one soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.