Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did Ruger discontinue the Green Mountain laminate stock for the takedown Charger pistol? I found a lightly used model this weekend. Had to have it.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, that’s the stock I’m talking about. However, the one I bought last weekend was the blued version. Serial number indicated a shipping date in 2015. LGS guy said Ruger discontinued the Green Mountain stock but did not know when. Website has the composite stock only for the regular and takedown models. I don’t recall seeing a stainless version. Yours looks sharp.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the stainless/ green mtn combo was a dealer only option, maybe Lipsey’s? I know they used to be hard to come by. If they’re discontinued, that’s unfortunate. I like my TD Charger and put a brace on it but if mine weren’t the Green Mtn I’d have dropped mine in an aftermarket chassis a long time ago. But if they weren’t selling, it’s probably cause there’s no aftermarket brace option unless you get creative like I did and fit an SB brace.

·
Registered
230 Posts
yes, that’s the stock I’m talking about. However, the one I bought last weekend was the blued version. Serial number indicated a shipping date in 2015. LGS guy said Ruger discontinued the Green Mountain stock but did not know when. Website has the composite stock only for the regular and takedown models. I don’t recall seeing a stainless version. Yours looks sharp.
here's a non-TD version (still available):

Mad Dog Armory - Largo Guns Store - Largo Gun Dealer | Ruger Charger Pistol Semi Automatic Pistol, 22 Long Rifle 10" Barrel, 15 Round, Threaded Barrel, Wood/Stainless

here's the TD version (still available, and the one i own):

Mad Dog Armory - Largo Guns Store - Largo Gun Dealer | RUGER 22 Charger Takedown .22 Long Rifle 10 Inch Threaded Barrel (1/2-28) Stainless Steel Finish Picatinny Rail Green Mountain Laminate Takedown Stock A2-Style Pistol Grip BX-15 Magazine 15 Round

·
Banned
21 Posts
I've got that exact stock set sitting in the bottom drawer of my tool chest. My Charger is a long ways away from the original configuration.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like my TD Charger and put a brace on it but if mine weren’t the Green Mtn I’d have dropped mine in an aftermarket chassis a long time ago. But if they weren’t selling, it’s probably cause there’s no aftermarket brace option unless you get creative like I did and fit an SB brace.
i think you're right... btw, i contacted the copper custom folks, and was told they'd do a cut and install their adapter for $50 labor if i sent the stock in with an order for an adapter

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

1 - 8 of 8 Posts