Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread, I posted the text of a letter I wrote to Ruger CEO Michael Fifer concerning some problems I've had with Ruger firearms over the past few years.

Today I got a call from a nice lady at Ruger expressing her apologies for those problems, and offering to replace a Mini 14 that I bought last year that I had to return to the factory because of a point of impact problem (the gun shoots way left even with the sights all the way to the right), and which came back without the problem having been solved. She's going to send me a letter detailing how we'll go about getting the gun replaced with a new one.

Thumbs up to Sturm Ruger for standing behind their products this way. I'll update as the situation unfolds, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Some knots just take longer to find the ends of...better than cutting them and loosing the good part...your perseverance paid off bigtime!!!!! Glad for you....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hey any big manufacture has got to have a lemon slip out once in awhile. I think in most cases if you work with them they will work with you. One year does seem a little over the top but at least they just didn't dump you. Good luck and I hope you get a good shooter.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
We expect the best service, good and reliable guns, and cheap prices from Ruger and get it. How many other Companies can we get this from? Thats why all my new guns are Rugers.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Now you really know why you bought a ruger. They deffinitely will take care of a feller!
Glad your problem is resolved.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That is what I expect from Ruger. Still made in the USA and still with pride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ruger does have good service. I had my Dad's Ruger Blackhawk customized with a bronze grip frame and a trigger job. I asked the gunsmith to make the trigger smooth and crisp. The pull wound up being around two pounds. No problem as my dad knows the gun well and doesn't point it at anything unless he's ready to shoot.

All went well until I sent the gun to Ruger to have a longer barrel installed. They installed the barrel like I asked, but they also said they couldn't return the gun to me in its current condition because the trigger pull was below their "safe" threshold for liability. They said they were going to take the trigger parts out and replace them with new ones "free of charge". Of course that would take me back to an out-of-the-box trigger pull and remove the trigger job that I'd paid to have done.

I explained to Ruger that I didn't appreciate them messing with parts of the gun that I didn't ask to have serviced and ruining the trigger job that I had paid for. They responded that they understood and would have one of their armorers give the gun a free trigger job once the new parts were installed. The only caveat was that he would keep the pull at their minimum spec of three and a half pounds.

I wasn't too pleased, but I figured it was a good compromise. In the end it was the best trigger job I've ever tried, even better than the original trigger job. Now that gun is my Dad's favorite gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts