Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a long-time Ruger owner. I was started on them by my Grandpa's Single-Six, and later his Red Label that my uncle would borrow to come pheasant hunting in our area each fall.

I've never had a need to send any of my Rugers in for service, but after hunting season I had a concern about one of my Hawkeye rifles such that I wanted to have it checked out. I know there are probably many 'smiths in southern AZ, but the ones I have been able to contact are either weeks or months behind, or only work on Glocks, ARs, and the like. So, I wrote Customer Service to ask a couple of questions. As a result of our email exchange, they said they'd like to have a look at the rifle. So, I sent it off to them.

Within 2 days of receiving the rifle (2 DAYS!!), a serviceman called me. He said he'd checked it, and while the rifle was within spec (just), he was going to replace a part and make an adjustment because of my concern. The fellow asked if I had any other questions or concerns, and we briefly discussed screw tension and such, and then hung up.

I was floored! The phone call itself was more than I expected these days, but I really appreciated it. The speed of the service was astonishing, too. And, the fact that they were willing to make an adjustment under the circumstances was amazing. The paper that came back with the rifles says they even polished the chamber for me (I just got it back this evening)!

So, Ruger, thank you for being the company I always thought you were!

Today, partly because I've wanted one for a long time, but also because you ARE the company I've always thought, I bought a brand-new #1 in 6.5-284 Norma!
:)

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Ruger has the BEST customer Service in the business!

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
When it comes to customer service they are in the top tier. Turn around time is very fast also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts