Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Ruger Custom LCP. I wrote to Ruger giving them the serial number, and asked if the problem with the front sight falling off after about 300 rounds had been fixed on my gun. I got a form letter that did not answer the question, but said I could send it back if it had a problem. Does anyone know at what point, and what serial numbers, they fixed this on newly made guns?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I read your post three times. I'm still unsure if you sent your LCP back to Ruger for repair.

Also, why write Ruger Inc? Why not talk to them over the phone, or by email?

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
My Custom was in the early phase, I took the initiative to simply pull the front sight and add some thread locker. I had considered just checking the screw to be tight every time I cleaned it, but it's just too easy to fix the problem before it becomes one. Just like a Glock front sight, you'll need to modify a hex socket to fit down into the slide, but it's a 10min job once you have that. Clamp the sight, not the slide, in a padded vise, so you're turning bolt against nut, instead of relying upon the mortise through the slide to hold the front sight from twisting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts