Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Ruger American Rifle Ranch in 300 BLK. The gun and 5-round rotary mag worked fine, so I bought a second mag from the Ruger Store online. The new mag did not feed; the rounds flip up and the end of the bullet jams on the top of the receiver or chamber. I called Ruger and they immediately sent me a new mag. Same exact issues. This time I left an email message on their website, outlining the problem. I got a very succinct response: "Any suggestions?"

I'm not happy with their response; I think they should be the ones scratching their heads and trying to come up with solutions, not me.

Having, vented, what do you guys suggest? I've got a nice little rifle, with one good mag and two duds. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
That's not the response I would want to get. It would be nice if you could get the name of the person who left that response. That's poor CS to me kinda sucks because I have read some very positive feed back on Rugers CS as well. Good luck hope you get your magazine issues resolved!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a "contact the CEO" form on their website. I explained the problem to him, and I'll let you know what kind of response I get. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you I have one mag that works and two that don't.I will order one more and if it doesn't work I'll keep sending it back till I get a good one that does work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ruger is peddling hard to redeem themselves. I emailed the CEO at about 5:00 pm ET yesterday, and received a phone call from a Ruger employee about 9:30 this morning. They are sending two "range tested" mags. About 9:35 I got an email from FedEx confirming shipment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure enough, Ruger shipped the two mags Monday, and I got them Wednesday. They seem to identical to the two that don't work, but the new ones function flawlessly.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Box Magazines Grrr!

The only rifle with box magazines I have ever owned that did not have issues with poorly fitting magazines is my CZ. By contrast, Winchesters, Savages, and Remingtons have all had magazine issues. I was pleased to find my Ruger M 77 Hawkeye has an internal magazine that I load from the top. It never fails. I have also never had an old fashioned tube magazine fail me.

When I was new to rifles a more experienced shooter warned me of the common problem with magazines. Every replacement magazine (most recently for a Savage) the company sent me was just as bad as the one that came with the rifle.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I let them know that I got a bad mag with the rifle and bought a second one that did not feed and they replaced both. I can only praise Ruger customer service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts