Ruger Forum banner

have you had any problems with Rugers customer service regarding a repair or service?

• nope no problems. gun went. gun came back fixed correctly

Votes: 57 86.4%
  • yes. but nothing that was major

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • yes and i cant believe i still own ruger firearms/ or have my own gunsmith fix from now on.

Votes: 4 6.1%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any nightmares you've had with ruger customer service. Sending a gun in ect. Because I've got one and I'm finding it hard to believe. Love to hear yours.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
What is your nightmare? It took me a month to get a replacement LCR-22, because it was not in the production line when I sent it back. On another occaision, I got a rebarreled Single-Six in eleven days. They even did a mild action job on it, although I didn't request one, no charge.

The only honest kick I've had with Ruger CS is poor communication. You send it in, and get it back, and don't have a clue what's going on in between, usually.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Any nightmares you've had with ruger customer service. Sending a gun in ect. Because I've got one and I'm finding it hard to believe. Love to hear yours.
What's going on?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Sent in a Security Six. Came back in a couple of weeks good as new. I wasn't pressing them for daily updates though. I just figured I was next in line and they would get to it when they got to it. And they did.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I've always gotten good service from Ruger. Not perfect but good. Two different guns had to go back to the Newport facility for the same issues two times. The Redhawk they basically rebuilt the second trip back and made it right.
The SRH had a defective frame. The Ruger scope rings were eating the frame. They polished it out and refinished it.It did the same thing so back to the factory when they decided that the frame was defective.They replaced the gun, I paid shipping for all the trips back. I have since learned to ask for a shipping label.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Just had a problem with a Mark III. I called them, explained the problem and was sent a UPS label. The gun is now in transit to Ruger. Could not have been easier. I am very happy with their service. To me, this is the norm from Ruger. I did not vote as the return cycle has not been completed. But very happy so far. Sent 12-12-12. Received at Ruger 12-13-12.

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
I'm one of those in the middle I guess. I didn't find the experience something to shout from the rooftops about but I gave them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they were just ultra busy when I needed them. Didn't send anything in but I was unable to get them on the phone for 3 days, always busy or eternal hold (more than 30 minutes) and I finally asked 2 questions via their online support and I got one answer that didn't match either question. I went to YouTube and got what I needed to understand and went from there.

Re-reading my post... doesn't sound so good. But it wasn't major and I've heard so much good stuff I just wrote it off as luck of the draw in timing.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
customer service

We all see the posts back and forth about who has the best customer service; Ruger or S&W. I have used both on several occasions and was very satified with each:)

·
Banned
163 Posts
Never had a problem except when I got a Ruger MarkII. My old Mark 1 never failed me and I kept having feed and extract problems with the Mark II, so I traded it off. All the rest of my Ruger firearms, past and present, function perfectly.

Reb

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Originally. I found a Nick in the side between the barrel and spring. Called and told to send pics to the senior care tech. I'd. He emailed an said yes need to replace barrel and slide. Couple day after they got it this a tech calls and can't see any damage. Finally she agrees to have another tech look at it. At one point she asked if it was a new gun? I told her yes about 12 days ago then she said why did I buy the gun if there was damage? I told her it DIDN'T when I bought it I found the damage after 550-60 rounds while cleaning it after a day at the range.

So I'm a little ticked I know the senior tech name in AZ so I call Prescott's main office and ask for him by name. I tell him about the call, and her unable to see impersonation what he saw in a pic. Long sort short he'll take over the case and get back to me. This is Monday. Tuesday I hear nothing. Wednesday still nothing. I call he's unavailable but customer service said gun is fixed with new barrel and slide waiting for ups pickup. Today no notice from ups I call again the claim sitting on dock waiting for ups.

Now the say should ship tomorrow.

The crappy tech alone would of been not to bad. Just sad

The fact the senior tech didn't call as stated he would. By itself kinda expected. But now together with the first tech. Ticked a little

The delay in shipping or not shipping. All. three plus the first tech adds up to the big question. Just an odd yapping or a sign that Ruger service group is not that great.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
LCP recalled. I had the gun back in 8 days.

Problem with a P90 light striking. Called, they sent me a new firing pin. Didn't fix the problem. Called back. They sent me a UPS tag. Replaced entire slide assembly. Total time approx 2.5 weeks on the repair.

Problem with SR9c light striking. Called, they sent me a new striker assembly and cover. Problem fixed.

Always had good service from them.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Originally. I found a Nick in the side between the barrel and spring. Called and told to send pics to the senior care tech. I'd. He emailed an said yes need to replace barrel and slide. Couple day after they got it this a tech calls and can't see any damage. Finally she agrees to have another tech look at it. At one point she asked if it was a new gun? I told her yes about 12 days ago then she said why did I buy the gun if there was damage? I told her it DIDN'T when I bought it I found the damage after 550-60 rounds while cleaning it after a day at the range.

So I'm a little ticked I know the senior tech name in AZ so I call Prescott's main office and ask for him by name. I tell him about the call, and her unable to see impersonation what he saw in a pic. Long sort short he'll take over the case and get back to me. This is Monday. Tuesday I hear nothing. Wednesday still nothing. I call he's unavailable but customer service said gun is fixed with new barrel and slide waiting for ups pickup. Today no notice from ups I call again the claim sitting on dock waiting for ups.

Now the say should ship tomorrow.

The crappy tech alone would of been not to bad. Just sad

The fact the senior tech didn't call as stated he would. By itself kinda expected. But now together with the first tech. Ticked a little

The delay in shipping or not shipping. All. three plus the first tech adds up to the big question. Just an odd yapping or a sign that Ruger service group is not that great.
Not being a smart aleck...............
I'm not defending Ruger but they are probably so busy with warranty issues, then the Christmas holidays right around the corner.Your gun isn't the only gun they are dealing with.To them your gun is just another gun nothing special to them. Some customers expect them to drop everything and deal with their gun. It doesn't work that way.The senior tech might be covered up with issues and just didn't have the time to drop everything to call you. As for the shipping we know UPS, FexEx are swamped this time of the year.We have to expect delays in shipping. Be patient . You'll get it back with the issues resolved. Ruger will make it right I can assure you of that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have an SR40 there right now, got there yesterday. Hope all goes well....

DR

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
normally I'd agree

The one that started it was the first tech call and said she can't see damage on the gun. Here just the Nick not the other damage nick in slide New P95 - Ruger Forum

Crappy cell pic but I bet you can see the Nick between the spring and barrel housing. As he had it it her hands. Also trust me you could feel it, it was sharp. That's kinda big. She still couldn't see it and passed the gun to another tech. Worth a little attention.

Second part my complaint to management about the first tech and his saying he would take over the case and call me back. Expected management blow off. Hopefull on the follow through. Be not too surprised. Third telling me Wednesday its being shipped and now its probably shipping tomorrow. Again by itself not unexpected.

But the trifecta. Ya that's kinda got me ticked.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 63 Posts