Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I bought a brand new SR 45. I took it home and disassembled it, cleaned and lubed it, and reassembled it. I took it to the range and fired about 50 rounds. I took it back home and disassembled it again (more for practice than for cleaning). As I was reassembling it, I had a brain cramp, made a stupid mistake, and the result was a locked slide on the frame. I called Ruger and explained what I had done, and that it was my fault. They paid for the shipping both ways, fixed my gun, and had it back to me in two weeks. All of this was at no charge to me, even though it was all my fault.

A couple of months ago I dug a 10-22 out of my closet that had not been fired in 35 years. I took it to the range and it started spitting parts. I shipped it to them (I paid the shipping to them, and they paid the return shipping). They had it back to me in two weeks.

Maybe there are other companies with this level of customer service, but I do not think there are any companies that have better customer service.

Thanks Ruger. I am a lifetime customer! You earned it!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Glad you had such a good experience with Ruger CS and it is nice to know they will have your back if you make a mistake.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wow, ruger payed for shipping both ways! Now that's great service, almost unheard of these days!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ruger CS is the best of any. The only one that even comes close is Henry.
I am glad I have never had the need for it but comforting to know that its there if needed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I am buying a firearm, I want to know that the manufacturer stands behind their product. I read a lot of stories on the web about companies that do not stand behind their guns. Ruger has shown me that they will be there, if I need some help. With service like this, there is just no reason for me to spend my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I lost the scope rail to my mini-30 I bought this year. Contacted Ruger CS and advised them that I had lost it and would they sell me another factory scope rail. They requested my mailing address and sent me the scope rail with screws and loc-tite free of charge.
You can not beat that customer service and I am happy they go well above to stand behind their product as I own 6 Ruger firearms and will be buying more in the future.

·
Registered
335 Posts
HBK,
I agree with you. I might be looking for yet another Ruger but the question is which one???

I am think about an LC9s but this is still in the thinking stage.

Top Dog

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ditto on their customer service. I have an SR22 that had to go back due to a faulty magazine disconnect. From time of sending it back with a prepaid shipping label emailed to me while I was on the phone with CS to getting the gun back was seven days! This is one of the main reasons I recently purchased an LC9s (besides I really like the gun).

·
Registered
704 Posts
The wife had a significant problem with her Mark iii. Sent it back to Ruger. They paid shipping both ways. Replaced parts, all of it free, gratis! Ruger CS is #1 in our books.

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I bought a brand new SR 45. I took it home and disassembled it, cleaned and lubed it, and reassembled it. I took it to the range and fired about 50 rounds. I took it back home and disassembled it again (more for practice than for cleaning). As I was reassembling it, I had a brain cramp, made a stupid mistake, and the result was a locked slide on the frame. I called Ruger and explained what I had done, and that it was my fault. They paid for the shipping both ways, fixed my gun, and had it back to me in two weeks. All of this was at no charge to me, even though it was all my fault.

A couple of months ago I dug a 10-22 out of my closet that had not been fired in 35 years. I took it to the range and it started spitting parts. I shipped it to them (I paid the shipping to them, and they paid the return shipping). They had it back to me in two weeks.

Maybe there are other companies with this level of customer service, but I do not think there are any companies that have better customer service.

Thanks Ruger. I am a lifetime customer! You earned it!
My one experience with their CS was A+++++

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ruger CS rocks. When I needed to send my gun back, Ruger paid postage both ways and I had it back in nine days. Great American company.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts