Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I had a problem with my Old Model Single Six when I traded for it a couple of months ago, and Customer service patiently walked me thru a check out, verifying the old gun was still fully functional. Just got rid of my last "big" pistol, and got me a cherry MKII target model that did not have any tension on the fit of the recoil spring assembly. Bing, Ruger shipped me a new one in the mail and I installed it yesterday. Took me about 5 minutes to remove the bolt, change the part, and put it back together. Like someone wrote before, once you learn how to disassemble one of the Ruger classics, you can nearly do it blind. Ruger rocks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same here . Was having problems with my 9E. Every person I spoke with at Ruger CS could not have been more helpful. They replaced the barrel and guide rod with a 9 day turnaround time. It works like a champ now of course. That's why other than a Smith and Wesson M and P AR15, nothing but Rugers get space in my safe.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thought I had a problem with my Old Model Single Six when I traded for it a couple of months ago, and Customer service patiently walked me thru a check out, verifying the old gun was still fully functional. Just got rid of my last "big" pistol, and got me a cherry MKII target model that did not have any tension on the fit of the recoil spring assembly. Bing, Ruger shipped me a new one in the mail and I installed it yesterday. Took me about 5 minutes to remove the bolt, change the part, and put it back together. Like someone wrote before, once you learn how to disassemble one of the Ruger classics, you can nearly do it blind. Ruger rocks!
Amen on Ruger Customer Service. As you said . . ."you learn how to disassemble one of the Ruger classics, you can nearly do it blind." Some of the complaints heard about the Mk Series dwell on disassembly/reassembly. That leads many to 'dump the gun' bad mouthing Ruger for poor design. It frustrates these folks to the point of selling a great gun because they don't have the patience to persevere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts