Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Already have single 6
I actually wondering if Ruger will let me get Marlin lever gun, they seem to be in big demand
I'm sure they would be happy to do that but,,,,
MSRP for a wrangler = about $260 MSRP for a 1895 is about $1399
They are gonna ask you for about $1139 difference and you will probably have to pay sales tax and FFL transfer on top of that to pick it up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey guys, five weeks ago my new Wrangler arrived, same day on the range I noticed keyholing and mailed revolver back to Ruger, well today they called me and said that technician deemed that revolver unrepairable and offered me to get same one or add $ (distributors price) and get any other firearms from Ruger except for dealer exclusive models.

My question what would you get?
The thing is if you don't choose another Wrangler the price difference in the next handgun range is going to be quite a bit. Check the models out that interest you and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I expect not to be lucky on my key-hole special Wrangler. I would really like to know what is happening that causes the bullets to go through the targets sideways. I got off to a good start then every thing went south. I expect the worse with Ruger expecting me to pay to have the gun fixed:). Boy, I hope this situation with the Wrangler does not get a life of its own on the net.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm sure they would be happy to do that but,,,,
MSRP for a wrangler = about $260 MSRP for a 1895 is about $1399
They are gonna ask you for about $1139 difference and you will probably have to pay sales tax and FFL transfer on top of that to pick it up.
Not really, they will charge me distributors price not MSRP. I will be on the phone with Ruger tomorrow and will ask them regarding what this price would be for several models that I'm now considering.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hey guys, five weeks ago my new Wrangler arrived, same day on the range I noticed keyholing and mailed revolver back to Ruger, well today they called me and said that technician deemed that revolver unrepairable and offered me to get same one or add $ (distributors price) and get any other firearms from Ruger except for dealer exclusive models.

My question what would you get?
I had the same problem with a GP 100, was told the same thing, now I have a GP 100 Match Champion. Pleased!:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ok so I talked to Ruger today, this is 2 examples of what they mean under term "distributors price"

model 8100 Single Ten MSRP $869 Distributors $538
model 0662 Single Six Hunter MSRP $1089 Distributors $673

I don't know why MSRP difference between this 2 models is $220 while Distributors price is only $135

On the negative side they calculating price of firearm they replacing also as Distributors price, so my Wrangler instead of msrp price of $279 was traded in at distributors price of $159. Now I paid $185 for my wrangler so it is only $26 loss.
On the other hand Ruger will reimburse my FFL transfer fee.

There's no option of getting Marlin rifle or any of distributor exclusive models that I really would like to get 0475 0472 5152 5162

So I picked model 0662 and paid a price difference of $513
Cylinder Nickel Bicycle part Household hardware Metal

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.