Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Ok so I talked to Ruger today, this is 2 examples of what they mean under term "distributors price"

model 8100 Single Ten MSRP $869 Distributors $538
model 0662 Single Six Hunter MSRP $1089 Distributors $673

I don't know why MSRP difference between this 2 models is $220 while Distributors price is only $135

On the negative side they calculating price of firearm they replacing also as Distributors price, so my Wrangler instead of msrp price of $279 was traded in at distributors price of $159. Now I paid $185 for my wrangler so it is only $26 loss.
On the other hand Ruger will reimburse my FFL transfer fee.

There's no option of getting Marlin rifle or any of distributor exclusive models that I really would like to get 0475 0472 5152 5162

So I picked model 0662 and paid a price difference of $513 View attachment 171078
You got a great deal on a top-of-the-line Single Six. Stainless, black laminate grips, machined for optics.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ok so I talked to Ruger today, this is 2 examples of what they mean under term "distributors price"

So I picked model 0662 and paid a price difference of $513 View attachment 171078
Now that is not a Wrangler. I like your choice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
That's definitely a nice Single Six, congrats! I was just sitting here being jealous of your Bisley Single Six, I love the Ruger Bisley revolvers. I have a Bisley New Vaquero .45 colt and Bisley Blackhawk convertible .45 colt. I really need a Bisley Single Six convertible to add to the family!

·
Registered
26 Posts

I don't know why MSRP difference between this 2 models is $220 while Distributors price is only $135

On the negative side they calculating price of firearm they replacing also as Distributors price, so my Wrangler instead of msrp price of $279 was traded in at distributors price of $159. Now I paid $185 for my wrangler so it is only $26 loss.
On the other hand Ruger will reimburse my FFL transfer fee.

There's no option of getting Marlin rifle or any of distributor exclusive models that I really would like to get 0475 0472 5152 5162

Great choice! I have its two bigger brothers. A Super Blackhawk Hunter in 44 Mag and 45 Colt. They are both fine revolvers.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys, five weeks ago my new Wrangler arrived, same day on the range I noticed keyholing and mailed revolver back to Ruger, well today they called me and said that technician deemed that revolver unrepairable and offered me to get same one or add $ (distributors price) and get any other firearms from Ruger except for dealer exclusive models.

My question what would you get?
My 3 revolvers that I own...GP100-4" .357...Single Six Bisley .22, both in SS...and a Wrangler silver/black. I love 'em all. I'd say Single Six if you're wanting to stick with .22. Then there's the Mini-14, WHOA SNAP, yes I went there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it is your only 22, get the adjustable sights, you won’t be sorry.
[/QUOTE
What's with the adjustable sight recommendations~? I've owned a number of handguns with adjustable sights and never had to adjust but a few more than one time. Once they're adjusted, they're adjusted, and that's the end of it~!

·
Registered
319 Posts
My email from Ruger 6/14/22: Folks I think somebody peed on my parade.. This is the email I received from the home planet concerning my defective Wrangler. Enclosed is the main body of the email. I don't know about all this. Italics are mine on first paragraph,

"We have examined the above-referenced firearm and have concluded that the firearm is beyond repair. We understand and recognize the frustration created by this type of incident, therefor we are offering to replace the firearm with a new firearm model 2002 at no charge.

The replacement firearm will bear a new serial number and must be shipped to a dealer of your choice to ensure compliance with the laws of the transfer of a firearm.

Accepting the replacement firearm will result in Ruger retaining the damaged firearm, to ensure it is disposed of properly. We will amend our records to reflect disposition of the new firearm to you in conformance with the Gun Control Act of 1968. If you decide to decline the offer, Please be advised that, in its current condition we consider the damaged firearm to be unsafe and strongly recommend against any attempt to use it.

Please note by signing this letter you are also confirming you’re above the age of 18 to purchase a rifle or above the age 21 for revolver or pistol and a legal us citizen. As well as you are the legal owner of this firearm.

Please indicate your acceptance or decline of this offer by signing the line in the proper space and returning the signed copy to myself via email or fax."

I called the number given in the email. The lady was very nice. When when asked about other exchanges basically what is being discussed in the thread the reply was",,,,,we don't do business that way." What gives. Could somebody in this dance be making water on my back telling me it's raining?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.