Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my New, Never Fired, Ruger Alaskan back to Ruger for repairs for excessive cylinder crane to frame gap and timing issues.

FedEx Tracking says my gun was entered on their system on Thursday and will be delivered to Ruger in Newport, NH. today. Thought it might be fun to see how well Ruger's Customer/Repair Service does when they receive a customers gun.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have always found Ruger's customer service to be among the best in the industry, a model for American businesses. I trust they will take good care of you and your revolver... ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm doing ok with Ruger revolvers. Two have gone back in less than 2,000 rounds. Both guns were properly repaired and returned with invoices that detailed the repairs. Turnaround was less than a month.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Excellent service. I Sent back a Redhawk twice and received a new gun the second time. They paid return shipping both times and reimbursed the $20 fee that my FFL charged to receive and transfer the new one.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think you will be happy.
I acquired a older P85 that was not updated to M2 or P89 specs. Called them they sent me a box to ship it in & did the update then shipped it back. All in a timely manner, for free.
I had them refinish the slide & they only charged my $32.00
Can't beat their service.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ruger said they would have my gun back by 10-27 which would be great. I sincerely doubt that they would be able to repair this gun without a lot of parts being replaced and machine work to the frame so I hope they just replace it.

They received the gun today at 11:59 AM.

·
Registered
389 Posts
4 revolvers. 3 returns. Always made right,

·
Registered
159 Posts
I sent them my lc9 that I bought used. They handled the repair quickly and easily, covered all expenses, and even updated my front sight with a newer design, which was completely unrelated to my repair. I was very pleased with the experience. Just another reason to buy Ruger.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Redhawk .45 ACP/Colt arrived at Ruger on Thursday Oct.15 for poor finish and fit issues, will be interesting to see the turn around (and results).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got my LCR back yesterday. 11 days door to door. I bought it brand new I didn't even fire it yet and noticed the cylinder was not indexing to the next chamber when I was dry firing it. Sorry I don't want to turn this into bitching thread it's just disappointing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wonder; what percent of Ruger's guns are returned soon after original purchase due to a mechanical problem?
I have never returned a gun to Ruger. They all work fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I returned a SP101 TALO to Ruger CS and they sent a new TALO to replace the first. The second TALO was sent back for repair and the wife did not want it back and I told them to replace it with a new GP100 SS 3". In three weeks they sent the new GP100 to me. What a great Ruger CS. The wife bought herself a Ruger LCR 38spl. as a replacement for the TALO.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My SR9c had defective rear sight when I bought it new. They sent me the part, and it was easy to replace.

A year and a half later, I began firing it a lot more, and it had light strikes, eventually also a failure-to-reset-trigger issue.

It went back 3 times, first one fixed light strikes, twice more to finally resolve the trigger issue. This is on a 2 year old pistol, with a few thousand rounds through it. They really stand behind their products!

Great service every time. Always on their dime, always back in 8 days. Finally works great. It was a very intermittent problem, and I know those are hard to fix. Other manufacturers do have issues too, but Ruger seems to have a reputation for more of them. Having said that, I agree their customer service is excellent.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a call on 10/24 from the Dept. Head over the Super Redhawk line of Ruger saying that he had my gun in front of him after the crane had been replaced and that he was sending it to be test fired before sending it back to me. I got a call on Sunday afternoon from FedEx saying a delivery would be made on Monday that required an adult signature. Ruger promised the gun by 10/27 and it should be here today so they made good. I'm truly impressed with Ruger Customer Service.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts