Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, i'm new to this forum and need ya'lls help! I have a ruger deerfield 44 that was given to me from my dad in brand new conditon about a year ago. I was shooting it a few months back and the whole bolt assembly blew apart into pieces. I'm having trouble trying to locate the parts I need for repair. I'm guessing that I need a whole new bolt assembly. If anyone has any ideas where to get this part and could pm me I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks, Josh minchew

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried Brownell's or Numrich yet?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Welcome to the Ruger Forum first of all. I've got a Ruger .44Mag Carbine although it isn't the Deerfield, but is very similar. I don't understand if the carbine was like in brand new condition how did the bolt explode. Were you using extremely heavy hand loads? Pictures are worth a 1000 words. The other option is trying Numerich Gun Parts. Anyway good luck.:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've checked the websites out that y'all have posted. I was shooting factory rounds. The gun didn't exactly blow up, the bolt assembly just kind of fell into pieces after about 10 rounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've spoke to Ruger and all they can do is sell me a new gun at a discounted price. I'm really wanting to get this one repaired.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bringing this old thread back. Still haven’t found a bolt assembly for the gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I seen those as well but i believe they are for the older model .44. Thanks for the heads up though

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You might check Jack First I know he makes parts for popular rifles/carbines, he is a bit pricey but has helped me numerous times. BTW those carbines are worth there weight in gold when in good condition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the reply. And yes the gun is in very good condition just need the dang bolt!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts