Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One Star
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying me another pocket pistol,and it's a Ruger EC9s 9mm. Why I don't want to spend a lot's of money for one. Anyone here know much about the EC9s pistol? PS I have a G42 380 & S&W M&P BG 380.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,898 Posts
When I started to try striker fired autos I ran into the LC9s and EC9s. Others will chime in but for the money and for my needs they work. 3,400 plus rounds and still shooting.
My EC9s turned out to be a good buy for me. I train with it often and have grown attached to it. I love the extended 9 round mags. I have collected 7 of the 7 rounders and 3 of the 9 rounders. I found some in the used mag bins at the LGS and after cleaning and testing them they work great. I too put the Hogue's grip on and love it.
*Polish Feedramp/just a bit.
*EC9s Guide Rod Assembly part#32 (bent washer after 950 rounds) replaced 10/26/18 by Ruger for free.
*Hogues Handall Beavertail Grip Sleeve for the LC9/EC9s./try it.
I use this ammo for range and carry without issue. (it shoots anything but this is what I have for inventory) I just stick with it because it works/reliable. Shot many brands with good results.
Blazer Brass CCI 9mm 115gr. 1125fps FMJ
Blazer Brass CCI 9mm 124gr. 1090fps FMJ
American Eagle 9mm 124gr. fps 1150 FMJ
American Eagle 9mm 115gr. fps 1180 FMJ
*I prefer the .9mm over the .380 for a SD firearm. So this EC9s fits my needs. Just my view.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought a EC9S as my IWB concealed carry gun. As a past Ruger handgun owner, the EC9s has a great price and from a reputable company that stands behind their products.
It has been reliable with a few hundred rounds through it. I liked it so much I bought a LC9S Pro model when one came up for sale locally.
My wife liked the EC9S and laid claim to it since I like the LC9S Pro model better.
IMHO you can't go wrong with the EC9S.

I also agree with using the Hogue Beavertail Handall grip sleeve.

·
One Star
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I made the 23 miles trip to buy the Ruger EC9s 9mm today.They had two in the store one black and the one I bought. There was a guy ahead of and he bought the black one.I didn't really want the one I got but after a 23 miles trips I bought it anyway.I can live with it if it works out fine. I also bought an extat magazine for it.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,898 Posts
Good choice! I will be interested on what you think about it after several range trips. When I got mine some years ago I had little experience with semi-autos. I will be curious to see how someone with experience feels about this EC9s.
*I ended up liking mine and went on to get more striker fired autos.
*For half the price of a Sig P365 I think Ruger did well on this offer.
Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Good choice! I will be interested on what you think about it after several range trips. When I got mine some years ago I had little experience with semi-autos. I will be curious to see how someone with experience feels about this EC9s.
*I ended up liking mine and went on to get more striker fired autos.
*For half the price of a Sig P365 I think Ruger did well on this offer.
Good luck and enjoy!
I have both the LC9s and A Sig P365. Got the LC9s first and carried it for years.

I still kept my LC9s as a backup handgun. It hasn't been needed, though.

The P365 cost more because you get two mags, tritium sights AND twice the round capacity.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,898 Posts
mndoggie, I agree about the Sig P365 and the P365XL being a VERY good .9mm. Amazing sights and reliable. Well worth the cost and time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have 2 EC9s and like them. A few things:
Only problem I had was the end of the recoil spring assembly popped off. Shot fine broken, but when I disassembled for cleaning, it came apart and no way could I put it back uncaptured. Told Ruger via email and they sent me a free replacement within a week.

Field stripping, especially the first time is tricky, mostly because of tightness of the takedown pin cover and the pin itself. Suggest straightening a regular paper clip and using that to push out the pin. You have to do this while holding the slide back to exactly match the hole in the slide to push the pin out of the hole while pushing on the pin with the paper clip through the small hole on the other side. When you first get the pin out, clean it and lube it a little. After a few times, it will drop out so put it over a place to catch it.

The front sight is black, so you might want to put some kind of contrasting paint on it, the brighter the better. Model paint in orange, bright red or white works well.

I like Hogues I have on other pistols but on the EC9s I put on a Pachmyr to try it and it has worked well on this pistol for me.

I use the flat base plate on the mags. Easier to conceal in pocket carry and I'm used to the pinky tuck hold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts