Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, See video
I bought new EC9s at local dealer, when I came home and fully loaded and inserted mag, even by moving gun side by side, or shaking, I hear loud wiggle / clinking sound. Probably it is sound of bullet moving to sides and hitting the rails / slide sides from inside. As the mag is inserted, slide is pushing the first bullet from the top and it moves it to more horizontal position what makes the bullet loose in mag. Pretty annoying.
Mag itself fits well, when I insert it without slide, it is not moving and is tight.

Does anyone has the same "problem"? Any ideas what I can do? Seller says it is normal, I don't think so.
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,
I bought new EC9s at local dealer, when I came home and fully loaded and inserted mag, even by moving gun side by side, or shaking, I hear loud wiggle / clinking sound. Probably it is sound of bullet moving to sides and hitting the rails / slide sides from inside. As the mag is inserted, slide is pushing the first bullet from the top and it moves it to more horizontal position what makes the bullet loose in mag. Pretty annoying.
Mag itself fits well, when I insert it without slide, it is not moving and is tight.

Does anyone has the same "problem"? Any ideas what I can do? Seller says it is normal, I don't think so.
Thank you
I have an LC9. I just shook it and it is fully loaded. Yep mine has a little klunk sound....its my most reliable and trusted firearm and i own revolvers and semi-autos. Never and i mean never had any kind of a bobble. shot maybe 1000 rounds through it. I'd consider it normal. LC9 is hammer fired and EC9s is striker fired but its the same platform except for that

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
My EC9s has always had that little rattle. It is one of my favorite little gems and just over 3,200 rounds of trouble free practice time. It gets to the range weekly. It is with me daily as BUG when I give the 38 a rest. Since the "Peaceful Protest" started I choose to have my SR9 or 9E for the additional rounds.
There are some threads with a explanation here somewhere but I can not locate them yet.
Good luck and I hope you have as much luck as I have had with mine. Get to know it and enjoy the crap out of it. A good grip for me with this .9mm makes for a trouble free range session.

·
Forlorn Hope
SP101, LCP, LC9s
797 Posts
I have to admit, my LC9s Pro has always had a wiggle / clinking sound exactly as you describe. It has been extremely reliable but that click has secretly caused me concern. Thank you for bringing it out in the open. I feel as though a weight has lifted. 😌

·
Forlorn Hope
SP101, LCP, LC9s
797 Posts
Sounds like a loose piece or foreign object.
Again, with many of us experiencing an identical rattle from moving it side to side (across many models), it is almost certainly an element of their construction, rather than a foreign object. The good news of course is that it does not seem related to any mechanical issues, so I would not worry unduly about it. I'm just glad to know I'm not alone. Also, with mine, the rattle is intermittent (I just tried, and it failed to rattle this time).

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Again, with many of us experiencing an identical rattle from moving it side to side (across many models), it is almost certainly an element of their construction, rather than a foreign object. The good news of course is that it does not seem related to any mechanical issues, so I would not worry unduly about it. I'm just glad to know I'm not alone. Also, with mine, the rattle is intermittent (I just tried, and it failed to rattle this time).
Same here I do not think the OP has a issue.
Our LC9s pro is intermittent but both the EC9s and the LC9s have a slight "rattle". Been that way since all 3 unboxed. Like I stated before I have had no issues with our LC9 series because of this reported rattle. They run quite well. My memory is not what it used to be but buried in thread there is a post that explained the mechanics of this.
*TO: OP-> I would how ever make sure you are reporting a rattle like mine NOT some other issue. Very important! If you are still unsure please contact Ruger or get to gunsmith to rule out any safety issues. I have to append this and I just recommend you take that Ruger and shoot the snot out of it. Get to know it and enjoy it. Remember Ruger has great customer service too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello, attaching the new video HERE.
So the weird clinking sound from my first video is the top bullet hitting the side of a magazine - as it is pushed down little bit by the slide when inserted, bullet gets loose and wiggles very easily.
Any ideas how to fix this? Changing ammo / shooting until mag walls gets dirty and it will be quiet then? Does anyone have the same experience? Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts