Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed 3 Elite 452 triggers in 3 different AR's, All dropped to an average of 3.5lbs pull

Original thread about this here.

I liked the 2 stage so well, I wanted to upgrade my other two AR's and after seeing some recognition for the RRA National Match Varmint Trigger, listed at 3.5lbs pull, I searched online until I found a place selling them for 76.99, same price as the standard 4.5lb RRA National Match 2 Stage trigger. I order two of these and have them installed now.

After installation of the RRA kits, I do have the same 3.5lb pull rate, as I do with the Elite 452. I was concerned a little that the trigger scale might be off, and it might be, but both triggers break at exactly the same pull of 3.5 lbs.

Anyone interested in the RRA Varmint, I found them online from a place called Fort Bradley. Took a couple of days to get a shipping notification, but it was shipped priority mail, and shipping was free. They even through in a cheap castle nut wrench.

If you visit RRA's website, you'll see them talking about their oversized pins. The kit's instructions say to use these pins, which I did. I cannot see they are any more difficult to install than the mil spec pins.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm looking at getting a new trigger for my SR556. Was considering the ruger 452 but also found a couple single stage triggers by lwrci and psa they I'm considering. Anyone have experience with those?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only shot a few rounds tonight with the RRA, Also shot a few with another rifle with the Elite 452, it's really hard to tell the difference between these triggers. I'd let best price dictate between the two. They are priced very similar so it pays to shop around.

I had paid 114 from joebobs for the Elite triggers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts