Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think you may have to ask service as to individual guns, unless specified in the "latest" owners manual or catalog, as these prices change and varies from models. I saw one this past weekend , an RSS that was done in the $48 range, seems very 'cheap'. I know the cost of shipping to and from has to be "added" on to these shop/service prices. Same as the cost of the 'spare' cylinders and prices change. I called recently for a Blackhawk and the cylinder was $67, the fitting$18 and the shipping back, brought it to $107 total.......
the .22's are again, 'cheaper'......

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a couple Ruger Marks forsale that were quite ugly and going for a low price. I have thought about buying one and refinishing it.

Would really like to know about getting blued pistols chrome or stainless plated. But don't want a cheap shop to do it where it flakes.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,339 Posts
steveb, Ruger has an offer to remove the faux color case and blue the gun for free. You might have to pay for shipping one way. Call Ruger and tell them your color case finish isn't holding up and maybe they will spring for shipping.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
quote:

Would really like to know about getting blued pistols chrome or stainless plated. But don't want a cheap shop to do it where it flakes.

Can't do stainless "plating", that is a gun machined from a block of stainless steel, but you can plate chrome or nickel. I recommend the latter, if I understand it does not require as many steps for a base so the plating isn't too thick.
I'm sure there are experts out there that can give a better explanation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts