Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand Ruger will reimburse the FFL fee for taking in a replacement gun. I sent the receipt and a cover letter two weeks ago. About how long has it taken for others here? With my tight budget, I really need it back........:(

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It took me a couple months in early 2011. Ruger screwed up by sending a check that was to come to me to the FFL instead (my name, gun shop address). Owner of the gun shop recognized me and gave me the check.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Man, that sucks. Ruger has really dropped the ball with this. I'm sure that there is some way Ruger could make sure the FFL fee is paid directly to the FFL so that the owner doesn't have to pony up the dough and then wait 6 weeks for a refund because of a defective product in their lineup. That's absolutely ridiculous. All three of my Rugers have been flawless, but I wouldn't be a happy dude if I had to shell out another $50 for a gun that was damaged under warranty. Ruger should do better than that. Let us know how long it takes. If it were me, I'd be calling them every day asking where my check was.

I put in a rebate for a Nikon scope 6 months ago and I've had to call them multiple times to track it. Finally, they agreed to send out a replacement check, but that was 3 weeks ago or more. Still haven't seen my $50. At this point, I've done more than $50 in work. Sounds like you have, too. I'm guessing this is in regards to your LCR?

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure that there is some way Ruger could make sure the FFL fee is paid directly to the FFL so that the owner doesn't have to pony up the dough and then wait 6 weeks for a refund............. I'm guessing this is in regards to your LCR?
The FFL I used is listed on Gun Broker, and a couple of other sites, with his fee stated. Ruger could have just put a check to him in the box with my LCR-22. Instead, I've been six weeks and counting to get this whole issue finished. I'll post here how long it finally takes.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Ruger could have just put a check to him in the box with my LCR-22.
My thoughts exactly.

I've been six weeks and counting to get this whole issue finished.
Completely unacceptable. I don't care how busy they are. If they're that backed up, then they should hire more people. Or quit cranking out broken guns just to meet numbers.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today makes four weeks since I sent the paperwork to get reimbursed on the FFL fee. No word whatsoever from Ruger, and I had every contact option on my cover letter. I'm not even sure they got it, except I had my return address on it and didn't get it back. So I know the stamp didn't fall off.

Eight weeks and counting to finish my bad LCR-22 issue.......:(

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wowee.......I got my check from Ruger today.

From the day I sent my LCR-22 to them, I was a month receiving the replacement, and another month getting the FFL fee back. My issue is finally resolved completely.

Wonder what the last $500 item Mr.Fifer bought was? If he had a problem with it, would he be happy waiting two months for that to be resolved? Ruger really needs to step it up a little.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Wowee.......I got my check from Ruger today.

From the day I sent my LCR-22 to them, I was a month receiving the replacement, and another month getting the FFL fee back. My issue is finally resolved completely.

Wonder what the last $500 item Mr.Fifer bought was? If he had a problem with it, would he be happy waiting two months for that to be resolved? Ruger really needs to step it up a little.
I hope they sent you the payment with interest... Glad everything is resolved. Unfortunately, Ruger has done more harm than good with this lengthy process, I'm sure.

I'm not speaking for you on this matter, but I know that if it happened to me, the next time I were in the market for a firearm, Ruger wouldn't be the first place I would look. I've had great luck with my Rugers (3 to date) so I can't really complain, but I see these kind of stories more and more here lately and it's disheartening.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I hope they sent you the payment with interest... Glad everything is resolved. Unfortunately, Ruger has done more harm than good with this lengthy process, I'm sure.

I'm not speaking for you on this matter, but I know that if it happened to me, the next time I were in the market for a firearm, Ruger wouldn't be the first place I would look. I've had great luck with my Rugers (3 to date) so I can't really complain, but I see these kind of stories more and more here lately and it's disheartening.
I'm sure that these instances are isolated.
If every positive outcome was printed here, we wouldn't have the bandwidth.
(i.e. we see mostly the negative feedback.....)

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I'm sure that these instances are isolated.
If every positive outcome was printed here, we wouldn't have the bandwidth.
(i.e. we see mostly the negative feedback.....)
Oh, I definitely agree. I just meant on a personal level, if I received a similar level of service from a manufacturer, I'd think twice before dealing with them in the future.

For instance, I purchased a 46" Samsung Television a little over 2 years ago from Best Buy. Our house burned down and we went into Best Buy to replace all of our electronics. I spent about $5,000 in Best Buy that day and I bought a 2 year extended warranty on the TVs and game systems. A couple of months ago, my 46" TV started doing something weird. I immediately called Best Buy to figure out my course of action. The policy had expired the day before. Literally, I called on a Tuesday and it had expired that Monday. I asked if I could renew the policy and pay for an additional 2 years and they wouldn't budge a bit. They basically told me I was up the creek. Fortunately, I was able to fix the TV myself with the help of YouTube, but I decided right then that I will never give another dime to Best Buy again unless I have absolutely zero other options. I'm sure there are 10,000,000 people out there with great stories about Best Buy, but my personal experience with them has rendered them useless to me in the future.

Similarly, if my Mini 14 crapped out right now at just over a month old and I sent it to Ruger to be repaired and it took 2 months and tied up $50 of my money for several weeks, I'd strongly consider other rifle companies the next time I purchased one. I'm not saying Ruger is a bad company, but personal experiences tend to dictate one's next move. Ruger should pay less attention to the gazillions of people out there with perfect Ruger experiences and work harder to eliminate situations like the one in this thread. That's what customer service is about. It's not about how many happy customers you have, it's about how many happy customers you can get.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Oh, I definitely agree. I just meant on a personal level, if I received a similar level of service from a manufacturer, I'd think twice before dealing with them in the future.
Hey heymatthew. Wasn't singling you out for any special attention, your post just followed the OP's.
I sure we're both on the same page as Ruger enthusiasts.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since there are no other guns that compare with (most) Rugers, I will hardly avoid buying another. I would be a little wary, looking one over in every detail I could before purchase, to avoid a repeat of my long-term relationship with Ruger CS!

Considering the size of my paychecks after having no raise in 2 years plus, I may not ever afford another gun. Or it will be so far in the future that Ruger will have had ample chance to get their act together. I am confident they will do much better in time.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Hey heymatthew. Wasn't singling you out for any special attention, your post just followed the OP's.
I sure we're both on the same page as Ruger enthusiasts.
Yes sir! No hard feelings at all! :)

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Since there are no other guns that compare with (most) Rugers, I will hardly avoid buying another. I would be a little wary, looking one over in every detail I could before purchase, to avoid a repeat of my long-term relationship with Ruger CS!

Considering the size of my paychecks after having no raise in 2 years plus, I may not ever afford another gun. Or it will be so far in the future that Ruger will have had ample chance to get their act together. I am confident they will do much better in time.
I'm sure that once they get caught up and level out their production levels, things will return to normal. I guess they're just really busy right now. It is a little disheartening, but I'm glad you haven't written them off completely.

Good luck with your future purchases! Hopefully you can get a little bit of a raise sometime soon and get some more firearms in your closet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts