Ruger Forum banner

Ruger Firearm Database Project

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kazee 
#1 ·
Howdy folks! I'm in the process of building a database strictly for Ruger Firearms and their technical specifications. I have access to quite a bit of information but what I really need to bring this project to completion is things like overall length, weight, etc.

What I was hoping is that anyone out there that has an older model STOCK/UNALTERED Ruger firearm could post pictures with some info like length and weight. (If your revolver has had the conversion kit done to it that ok.)

You don't have to post your serial number if you don't want to but it would help me find out exactly What model number you have.

#2 ·
I'd recommend you set some standards, such as overall height is from bottom of factory grip to top of slide or frame, not to top of sights or base of magazine. Those can vary. Length is either the tip of the barrel, tip of the slide, or wherever you decide, to the farthest end of the grip. And width is the real crazy one - measuring to the outside of the control levers gives a false impression of a pistol's width. Maybe ask for widths in several locations. Slide, grip, cylinder, controls. I've seen a lot of dimensions where they don't define those terms and it throws you off.

Any particular models you're looking for?

#3 · (Edited)
You're right, there should be some standards. Overall length would be from the muzzle of the barrel to the back of the grip/stock/slide (which ever component sticks back the farthest. That dimension should be measured laterally. (not diagonally or point to point)

Weight should also be measured unloaded. (include weight of magazine if applicable) It should also be measured in pounds and ounces but I can easily convert if its in kilograms.

Right now I'm working on revolvers but wouldn't mind getting semi-auto rifles/pistols or anything else.

Most of the new stuff I can easily get info on. Its the older stuff that's hard to find hard copies of the records. So I guess anything 10 years or older.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.