Ruger Forum banner

Ruger Gets It Done!

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rickclark28 
#1 ·
My friend and I both shot bucks on my family's property recently. The processor had our meat ready, but I had to work last night. My buddy took his son to my camp last night intending to hunt this morning before picking up our venison. By 9:30am I had pictures of another 8pt taken at 200yds with a Ruger .30-06. I am so happy for this young man. He's an outstanding kid who stays busy playing baseball for his college team. I wish I could have been there!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
The young man's European mount turned out great. So did his father's. Both were harvested at my hunting property in S. Georgia. I enjoyed hunting with my friend. He had the pleasure of hunting with his youngest son. We all were blessed to take 8pt bucks. None were trophies, but the meat was welcome. The memories made were priceless. My buddy put the 2019 father/son mounts on a piece of driftwood. They now occupy a place of honor in his home. I'm calling it a successful season!

Attachments

#7 ·
Those both turned out good nga, I’ve been kicking around the idea myself. I have one more mount I want first, it’s the “full sneak” with a slight left look. I wanted it on the last mount but the butcher butchered it up, (you need more hide) even after I told what I was doing with it.

Again they look great.

#11 ·
The father has made sausage and jerky, as well as grilling up some backstrap. The son also made jerky and has been making spaghetti sauce, chili, and Sloppy Joes with the ground meat for his house mates at college. The Dad's freezer still had room so we hunted last weekend (close of the season) and he put a tasty doe on ice. We all have plenty of good meat this year!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.