Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
Those pics would be sent everyday for a month or so to the CEO. How hard is it to NOT see that?

Reactions: American1776

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks to me like they NEVER stripped off the old finish. They just keep re-dipping and hope it will cover up old sins.
If they were stripping and polishing after 4 trips it ought to be pretty shiny by now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks to me like they NEVER stripped off the old finish. They just keep re-dipping and hope it will cover up old sins.
If they were stripping and polishing after 4 trips it ought to be pretty shiny by now.
Exactly right!! Some of the same stains are still there.

I still haven’t heard back from Ruger after my phone conversation with Gail and emails of the photos both to her and CEO Killoy.

I’m not impressed at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, That is just Business-Suicide by Ruger.
I agree with everyone else, Keep sending the pics.
You have given them 4 opportunities to "make it right" , They don't seen to care about you, or their reputation
I would also ask the CEO what his opinion is, Would they be happy if that was their own private purchase?
Sorry for your trouble

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Just keep after them. Sooner or later someone is going to see your pictures and communications that cares and will take care of you. In the meantime finding that person can be frustrating. William B. Ruger would be spinning in his grave if he was aware of this.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just remember when you buy a Ruger you get no warranty whatsoever. Read your owner's manual.
True statement.
What logically follows from that statement, as it pertains to my dismay about Ruger’s inability to blue a revolver after 4 trips back to the factory?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
The warranty statement pertains to the comment above it about lemon laws. Lemon laws force manufacturers to honor their warranties but that’s hard when there is no warranty.

But to your point all you can do is press forward and try to achieve a suitable outcome. Or learn to live with it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The warranty statement pertains to the comment above it about lemon laws. Lemon laws force manufacturers to honor their warranties but that’s hard when there is no warranty.
Thanks for clarifying.
Any indignation I’ve felt regarding the way this revolver is being handled by Ruger is due to 1) poor customer service 2) disappointed that a once great manufacturer of American revolvers is incapable of bluing a revolver.

since contacting Gail and Killoy on Friday morning and sending photos, I have not heard anything back. I’d predict it’s a 50/50 chance that they will simply ignore me at this point.

·
Righteous Dude
21,612 Posts
Thanks for clarifying.
Any indignation I’ve felt regarding the way this revolver is being handled by Ruger is due to 1) poor customer service 2) disappointed that a once great manufacturer of American revolvers is incapable of bluing a revolver.

since contacting Gail and Killoy on Friday morning and sending photos, I have not heard anything back. I’d predict it’s a 50/50 chance that they will simply ignore me at this point.
To be fair:
1) You're not their only customer. Others also need serviced in a time where everything is strained.
2) It's one revolver. One sample. If every blued revolver was this way, then your case may be more persuasive.
Frankly, I would just holster it and shoot it. It's not a Korth. It's a functional and affordable revolver.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've followed this saga through all your posts. Amazed that it's still not fixed. I have a recent build GP100 .357, blued, and it is gorgeous. Blue is deep, darker than the best Smiths I own. I don't understand why they get it wrong for some and not for others.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
To be fair:
1) You're not their only customer. Others also need serviced in a time where everything is strained.
2) It's one revolver. One sample. If every blued revolver was this way, then your case may be more persuasive.
Frankly, I would just holster it and shoot it. It's not a Korth. It's a functional and affordable revolver.
1) It is true that any one customer is not their only customer. Does it follow from that true premise that therefore Improperly bluing a revolver is ‘fair’ to that customer?

2) this is not a ‘sample of one’. this represents 5 separate examples of what Ruger is capable of. Ruger had five tries to ‘get it right’. (The first try when it left the factory, then the 4 trips back.).

3). I agree that it’s not a Korth. But for 600 bucks, it is not unrealistic to desire a bluing job that doesn’t look embarrassingly bad.

4) I will most likely end up keeping it. After some use and wear, it’ll probably matter less and less.

·
Righteous Dude
21,612 Posts
Crap, I used the fair word in a complaint thread... My mistake 😉😊

Go get your bluing. One revolver is not indicative of the whole. Or buy a Korth 🙃🤣

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Crap, I used the fair word in a complaint thread... My mistake 😉😊

Go get your bluing. One revolver is not indicative of the whole. Or buy a Korth 🙃🤣
By definition, one revolver is not indicative of the many, since they all vary in many respects. Such tautologies are highly uninformative, and irrelevant to my point.
The point is: Ruger having 5 tries to get it right, and being unable to do so, is indicative of something beyond just one poorly made revolver.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe you’ll get a call Monday from the ceo personally and get overnight repair and a box of tiffs treats cookies in the mail!!! No? :)
Seriously I’d say to them in so many words “ your losing a customer for life over this deal”!! Bad reviews go out awfully faster than good ones!

·
Righteous Dude
21,612 Posts
Aw, big words. Here's the point: stop complaining. It lacks maturity. Get it done with Ruger and move on.

You find it uninformative because it's not what you want to hear. It's ok. It's denial, but it can be overcome. 😊

You will be ok.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Aw, big words. Here's the point: stop complaining. It lacks maturity. Get it done with Ruger and move on.

You find it uninformative because it's not what you want to hear. It's ok. It's denial, but it can be overcome. 😊

You will be ok.
That’s not an argument and you didn’t address points 1,2 or 3 in my direct response to your points you made in post 32.

A tautology is uninformative regardless of what I think. I don’t merely find what you said uninformative; it is uninformative due to the structure of the statement.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.