Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many have followed my ongoing issues with the blued GP100 that Ruger cannot seem to blue correctly. After 4 trips back to the factory, the bluing was still badly stained and uneven.

Today, I got a call from Chris Peters at Ruger. (I looked him up: he's head of customer service and a nationally recognized gunsmith). We talked, and he offered to personally handle my GP100 at the shop.

He said he could polish the gun up nicely before bluing it, to make a polished blued finish. I was then offered wood grips for the gun, which I accepted. He asked if I wanted special sites, and I said the ones on it are good. (I have simple tastes).

They will take the gun back soon, and I'll keep everyone up to date on this.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Glad they stepped up. Hope it turns out well this time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Now we're talking. I was not pleased to see the other thread get locked as I feel it is VERY important to keep their feet to the fire on quality control.
Otherwise we will end up with another maker (fill in the blank of your choice ) that just yawns when issues are pointed out.
Are they responsible for EVERY nit-picky thing at their price point , nope . They make a great gun for the money . But a NEW gun should maintain a certain benchmark.
Lookin forward to seeing the end result and a PROPER end to the saga.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Thank you very much for the update, I have been wondering how this would wind up. I hope you get a better than average blue job for your trouble and also hope the wood grips have nice grain in them. Don't blame you for leaving the sights stock. Hope to see some pictures when they get it returned to you.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
If I were the head of Customer Service, I'd have told you I'd personally go find the same model on the production line, inspect it thoroughly, send you photos of it, and if you approve of it send it to you. With yours sent to them in return of course.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Good to hear, American! I know you have had headaches with this gun. Glad to hear Ruger is stepping up to the plate. Shoulda happened sooner . I'll look forward to seeing your GP's new finish!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know about the hand selected replacement, new SN and all that goes with that. A custom high polish factory one-off sounds pretty nice to me. I hope you got the attention of the correct people to make that happen. Please post pix when you get the gun back. A rough journey but this has potential.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This makes me have a little more respect for an American firearm manufacturer. I like the 3 Rugers I own. One is my everyday CCW. It's never failed to do anything that it is supposed to do; that's why it's my EDC...I trust it. The GP100s are very good guns. My 5" Lipsey went back twice but they made it right. The stainless 6" is dead nuts on and is a blast (literally....327 FM) to shoot. I'm glad they are gonna do what's right for you. I hope they are reading this forum and realize we like their guns and have some faith in their CS. I'm again a believer.
Good Luck, Jeff T., PGH PA

·
Registered
419 Posts
Will it be fifth time a charm or not will remain to be seen. if it doesn't then I will suspect that the metal used in this particular revolver is defective. Hopefully it turns out well!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts