Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Love my GP100 very much. It is very accurate and the trigger I find to be just right for me. I actually find the trigger as good as my S&W 686 PC Competitor. When I go shooting the 686 stays home almost every time and the GP100 goes with me.
I was content with the straight forward stock GP100 until someone on this site started talking and showing pictures of the GP100 Talo edition. That un-fluted cylinder I just Love. I know not every one does but I sure do. It has weighed on my mind ever since I saw it.
So I asked the LGS how much and found the price reasonable but they were all allocated he said. Told me that he would have to call around to get one. I asked if he would and when he called Lipseys they had just received one and it will be at the LGS today Friday the 23 of Oct.
I traded a Sig P320 in on it that I really was not all that impressed with and told him that I would pay the rest off in layaway which was no problem with him since he and I do a great deal of business to gather.
Anyway I can't wait to see it today and get it out really soon. Just wanted to spout off. Happy, Happy, Happy, :) I will now own 2 GP100 in 6" barrel. Pictures to come when I get it out of jail.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
My local shop knows my addiction to GPs so the owner just had to show me one of the Talos, all the while smiling like a cat that just swallowed a mouse. :)

It worked. I'll let jstanfield103 do a more detailed post on his, later, but for now, so everyone knows what he's talking about ...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
North County Gal,
Love all you're posts and love the picture. Man that thing just looks sweet. Thanks for the Picture and comments all.
The only thing that I think I will change on the pistol is the grips. I have very small hands and the Hogue are just to bulky for my liking.
I need something like my regular GP has

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Thanks.

Those grips are on the thin side, compared to the Match Champion grips and definitely slimmer than the standard Hogue's, so they may be to your liking. Try them and see before you order. Do love those on your GP, above, though.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
North County Gal,
Love all you're posts and love the picture. Man that thing just looks sweet. Thanks for the Picture and comments all.
The only thing that I think I will change on the pistol is the grips. I have very small hands and the Hogue are just to bulky for my liking. I need something like my regular GP has

Nice 6" and are those PJarwan grips...they look great on the stainless revolver!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Congrats:) You'll love it

I'm a sucker for unfluted cylinders, when I saw this one, I knew I had to have one.

I played with different sights, I settled on just a Redhawk red insert front sight blade, it's a bit higher than the GP100 red insert blade, so I can use 180-200 gr. .357 sledgehammers in it:)

I left the grips on, they just look "right" on the gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.
I did get to look at it and it will come home in 2 weeks from today. Yep the grips do not fit my hand so I will be buying another set of PJarwan Grips. You were correct they are PJarwan Grips on the GP and fit my hand perfect.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well finally got to pick up my TALO GP today. As I thought the grips I just hate , way to big for my hand. I had an old pair of wood grips for a GP100 and put them on the gun. These grips do not look very good due to the wood putty in the back. I chipped the wood from trying to get them on the gun once. They were to tight. They fit really good now though and feel real good in my hand. I will order another set next week after recoup some money after the gun. I painted the front sight white and have a red ramp sight due in the mail today. I kinda like the front sight look on it though, don't know if I will use the red ramp front sight or not know. I have the Red Ramp front sight on my other GP and it works really well also.

Here are the current ruff pictures, I will get better pictures this weekend when I am off work. plus I will get to break it in also. Right now it does not even have the burn ring from the factory on the cylinder front.
I also had to adjust the back sight to center it. It was way to one side from the factory.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I'm also in the position of owning two 6" GPs, now. As you know from my post on the Talo, my Talo now wears a scope. Went with the fiber optic HiViz for a front sight on the other gun and really like it.

Best of luck on your new Talo and also in your search for grips.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I keep thinking about putting Letts on mine, maybe I'll try it today and see how they look........the original grips can always live in the gray plastic box.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ExArmy11b,
I saw the Letts on the other post that you put on. Looks good.
I ordered a new set of grips off ebay for mine. Just exactly like the ones on my other GP100. Can't wait but it will take almost 3 weeks to get them from Thailand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
North County Gal,
The only thing that I think I will change on the pistol is the grips. I have very small hands and the Hogue are just to bulky for my liking.
I need something like my regular GP has
Nice !!
What grips are those?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I just gotten the TALO all finished up. Put my new grips on for my smaller hands and also the front red ramp front sight and a taller rear sight. Shoots great. Very happy with her. Love it. Ordered a Fiber optic sight set for the regular GP can't wait to see how they will work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts