Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new stainless Ruger Gunsite #6829...very happy.

Upon unboxing, I found a part I couldn't find in the schematic. Any clues?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Didn't get one in my box. Now I'm pissed.
Have had mine stripped down several times.
Doesn't look like anything that belongs to the GSR.
Appears to be a rejected part of some type.
Have fun with your new toy.

·
Registered
953 Posts
My SWAG (Scientific Wild-A**ed Guess) is that it may belong to some sort of assembly jig or fixture, and got dropped into the box by accident...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, it was the male end of the mounting bolt on my Ruger rings. It does look like a misfit part for sure, but, the other is the exact match...:eek:

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
The beveled cut on the head and the off center shank should have been the dead give away. Locks right into the beveled integrated ring base...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I never use the Ruger rings either. I mount the scope out on the rail, the way the good Colonel intended a scout rifle to be. I'm jealous of your lighter synthetic stock, I'm hoping Ruger will make them in left hand eventually. The flash hider I can change out for a brake easy enough.
I recently got a Galco Safari Ching sling for my GSR. Easy to shove your arm into the loop, takes about a second and a half, and non supported shooting is way steadier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm jealous of your range sandog! Saw a post of yours a week or so ago, looks like you live in some beautiful country.

I had really wanted the original Ruger, but something told to hold off, mostly my wallet :eek:. Really glad I waited, mine is a reward for passing my commercial drivers license test. :D I'm running a Burris scout 2.75x, and just got my Rhodesian sling from Andy.

I'm watching your load development thread with interest. I just started reloading 9mm and .223, working up to the .308

1 - 11 of 11 Posts