Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Exchequer
4,324 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up.

I was kinda wondering if (when) they might offer it up in another caliber. Makes sense, as the PCC's predecessor was offered in 9mm and 40SW.

·
Exalted One
1,620 Posts
Not an expert by any measure, but it would seem the mag well (oversized for pistol ammo) is well-suited for true .30 Cal M1 Carbine mags and ammo. What an awesome combo that would be!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Likely because of the glock magazine capability.
Small frame glocks are 9mm and .40 S&W. Large frame glocks are 10mm and .45acp. This way they only have to make one magazince adapter that handles 2 cartridges.
This

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is why I built an AR-9 and AR-45 that take glock mags...
The AR-9 will take .40 cal mags and with a simple upper change becomes an AR-40. The AR-45 will take 10mm glock mags and a simple upper change makes it an AR-10mm. Oh, and the .40 cal BCG works for 10mm as well.

Parts bin technology at work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Make a 45

I sent a letter to the CEO through their website yesterday suggesting they make this in a 45ACP. I image if they made it accept 1911, American 45 and Glock mags they could sell a bunch of them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Excellent to see them expand the product line. Hoping for a similar offering with the ISB replacement barrel like the 22 TD.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Why no pic rail underneath for a light?

Magpul M-lok on all 4 sides. The small hand guard on the front was my main complaint about my current PCC9 carbine. Not enough space on the front rail & too close to the sling stud. Seems the new fore-end will allow for a better grip like the 3 gunners use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
i like the free float hand guard a lot. They just need to sell it by itself now.
That would be great if they did.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm really hoping that they sell the new handguard and that it's not half the price of the carbine.

I'm REALLY hoping to see a .45 ACP come out. Glock mags would be a natural but I'd also like to see a 1911 mag adaptor.

Has anyone measured the magwell to see if it's large enough to accept .45 ACP?

I know it's physically large enough but is it large enough WITH the magwell adaptor.

·
Banned
388 Posts
That would be great if they did.
They do, the rail is made by Midwest industries. They are out of stock at my distributor, but once available they will be about $160. Might be cheaper to sell your PC and buy the new model with the rail already installed.

The complete rifle with the factory included rail should be around $550, that is a great deal!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts