Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if someone could tell me where I could find the specs on a Ruger Hawkeye in Blue, Walnut, 6.5 X 55? I was looking for gun weight, rate of twist, and OA length. Or if someone knows off hand, they could post here? Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
I do not recall Ruger making the Hawkeye in 6.5x55(Swedish). Back in the late 80's/early 90's Ruger did offer the M77 in 6.5x55. However, Hawkeye is offered in 6.5 Creedmoor; which differs dimensionally from the Swede cartridge. Ballistically they are similar. The Ruger web site will give the specs on the 6.5 Creedmoor rifle here:

Ruger® M77® Hawkeye® All-Weather® Bolt-Action Rifle Models

The 6.5 Creedmoor and the 260 Remington(6.5mm) are both based on the 308 case. Say "short action". They differ in the shoulder dimension and OAL. The 260 will have a slightly larger case capacity and will be closer to the 6.5x55(long action) ballistically. The 6.5 Creedmoor however is so close; most will never notice the difference between the three. As always YMMV

Regards

Rod

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ask over at the 24hourcampfire forum. A batch of Swede Rugers (blue & walnut Hawkeyes) was 'discovered' at a distributor a couple/few months ago. They apparently hadn't moved any of them, and cleared 'em all out at a GREAT price. At least a few, maybe several, were scooped up to be 'flipped' for a large profit. ...probably right about now...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not recall Ruger making the Hawkeye in 6.5x55(Swedish). Back in the late 80's/early 90's Ruger did offer the M77 in 6.5x55. However, Hawkeye is offered in 6.5 Creedmoor; which differs dimensionally from the Swede cartridge. Ballistically they are similar. The Ruger web site will give the specs on the 6.5 Creedmoor rifle here:

Ruger® M77® Hawkeye® All-Weather® Bolt-Action Rifle Models

The 6.5 Creedmoor and the 260 Remington(6.5mm) are both based on the 308 case. Say "short action". They differ in the shoulder dimension and OAL. The 260 will have a slightly larger case capacity and will be closer to the 6.5x55(long action) ballistically. The 6.5 Creedmoor however is so close; most will never notice the difference between the three. As always YMMV

Regards

Rod

I never knew, either, that Ruger made some sweedes in the Hawkeye version. But, I have seen one for sale recently and read on line about a guy buying one
in the deal that MZ5 talks about in his reply to my question. I own a couple 6.5X55s already. But you can never have too many.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah, Those distributor exclusives are a nut kicker when it comes to Ruger. You never know what they will push through the back door to Lipsey's; Davidson or Talon.

Moving on, I would love to have Hawkeye in 6.5 X 55; since it is one of my favorite cartridges.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Model 77 in 6.5X55 Sweed

I just snagged a a beautiful M77 in the 6.5x55 sweed at a local gun show. I've been looking for a rifle in the chambering for a while. I thought I was going to have to get an Hawa or CZ.

The Ruger looks new. The bluing is deep and un-mared. The wood looks a cut above most 77's (I have half dozen or so) and the Ruger eagle is engraved into the floor plate. The thing looks new. Can't wait to get it to the range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts