Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just picked up today my NIB Ruger LCR .22Magnum. I did some looking online and at Amazon to see my options for extra ammo carry. When I am packing my LCR .22 Magnum. I saw the speed loaders but couldn't really see much in a good speed strip. I have another Ruger LCRX & I use a Bianchi Speed Strips in .357/.38 Special for this gun. I just pack a extra Speed Strip in my back pocket. If the Speed Loader is more dependable in the .22 mag application then that's what I will use. I did see the HKS brand of Speed Loader the Model 51j meaning a Speed Loader made for a S&W J framed gun made in .22 Magnum will work with the Ruger LCR .22 magnum. I have HKS Speed Loaders and they have worked very well for me. I was just hoping that I could locate a Speed Strip for the .22 Magnum! My reasoning for getting the LCR .22 magnum in the first place was based on wanting a DA only LCR for CCW but getting a LCR in a caliber that I already have and the .22 Magnum seemed like a good choice! My LCRX has the exposed hammer and I haven't had any problems of any sort but the smoother LCR profile looks like a easier design for pocket carry! Any suggestions or comments I would really appreciate it and thanks in advance!!!:D;)

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well packed my LCR .22 magnum today in a pocket holster that I have used with my Ruger LCRX .38 Special. It worked just fine in my cargo pants. I can tell this .22 Magnum LCR weighs a bit more then my LCRX. But the lack of a exposed hammer does make it nicer to pull the LCR .22 Mag out of my pocket holster. All is good!

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruger .22mag LCR night sights

I have another question here guys any of you .22 LCR Magnum owners installed any Tritium Dot night sights or any other brand such as Novak or Meprolite?? I haven't been able to locate a night sight for the .22 Magnum LCR my thoughts are one could be installed but how much would the POI be affected?? Suggestions or comments appreciated thx in advance!!!:D;)

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I wasn't too excited with my choice of paint on the front sight with bright green. So my next thought is either spend the $25.00 for the sight blade at Shop Ruger for the .22 LCR assume it will work with the .22 Mag. Or just buy some white model Paint and do the same thing all over again! But nice little gun currently carrying it now!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I painted my front sight white. I'm happy with the improvement. It is easy to pick up in all lighting except pretty much complete darkness.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There's all kinds. I used the Birchwood Casey flat white sight paint pen. It looks fine to me but I can't comment on the durability yet because I recently did it.

There are also glow paints that give a little bit of "night sight" functionality. Exposure to light activates it but I'm not sure how long they glow before needing a recharge. I think Glow On is one brand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts