Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forums. I recently purchased a LCR in .357 and took it to the range today, amd immediatly noticed a serious issue. The cylinder would stop spinning intermittently. Sometimes it will fire all the rounds and sometimes it wont rotate at all. Very bad considering this is my carry weapon. Im not stopping halfway through the trigger pull or anything like that. I noticed i can put pressure on the cylinder from the side with a finger and itll catch and rotate. This is my first revolver but im not new to firearms by any means. Please tell me im making some dumb rookie mistake, i would rather not singe my brand new weapon to ruger already. :mad: Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I'm far from a revolver expert, but two things come to mind. First, be sure all your rounds are pushed into the chambers as far as they go.

Second, check behind the ejector star. Be sure it is clean- no powder residue, no dirt or lint or any kind, and no oil.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Check out he post from forum member Pointblank. He had the same issue as you. He indicated it had to be returned to Ruger and they had to replace the pawl,trigger and fire control housing I believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I read the one you're talking about, i think. His issue was his cylinder would turn while it was closed. If were talking about the same one

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
I'd send it back to Ruger. They have exceptional customer service!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts