Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a Ruger LCR .357 with a cylinder wobbling. How much is too much. Trying to decide if i should I send it back to Ruger. When the cylinder is locked up it moves, but much less. Shoots fine, if it gets any worse im definitely sending it in. It's only had approx. 250 rds through it. Mostly .38, a few .38+P, and 25 or so .357.
Ruger LCR 357 Cylinder WOBBLE!! - YouTube

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Your video itself looks a little wobbly, with some flicker of the lighting. I can't see well enough to really judge how much play I see.

There is normally some play in the cylinder fit on the crane, and also some play where the crane pivots in the frame. They add up to make it seem loose when swung out. The total play in mine is about 1/16 inch, looking at a rear corner of the cylinder.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm resurrecting this because I've been researching for an answer and haven't found anything solid. The crane on my LCR 9mm has admit the same amount of play as the one on the video. When the cylinder is closed everything seems like it's locked up just fine. Endshake is good too. Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Wow....I checked mine for wobble...it's nowhere near that. It is the crane and the primary function is to rotate the cylinder out for loading and unloading. Once closed it's pretty much out of play. As snuffy33 stated..check the torque on the crane screw.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,953 Posts
Something not right.
Way too much wobble in the video.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I did use my fat wrench to torque it down. It did improve very very slightly. Since my post, I called Ruger. They seemed to think the slop was acceptable based on my explanation. For now, everything is fine while it's locked up, but I believe deep down that either my crane or crane pivot screw is out of spec. Both are listed on that manual as being factory fitted parts. Time will tell. I plan on shooting a LOT of ammo out of this little sucker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.