Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ruger LCR-9 is not what I would consider a beginner Revolver. I think if someone asked me what would be a great first gun I would always tell them a revolver because of the ease of using. But that would be in 38 not the 9mm. I think this thing takes some extra care because of the moon clips.
Saying that, I am in love with this little revolver. It was a rough start but now it seems to be working perfect. As soon as I figure out a good way to carry the moon clips I plan on shooting this in IDPA. I shot a LCR38 before, what fun. I believe in shooting what you carry. Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
just bought my wife her first pistol, LCR 9mm. I picked u 2 box's 115g range & target. went to the range yesterday, and she really did well. the problem I had was 1/2 way through the box of estates on the 5th round the bullet came out of the casing. had the cylinder lock up. finally got the cylinder opened, power went on the table. the bullet stayed in the cylinder. we finally cleared it and had 2 of the rounds do this out of the 50. here is a photo that will show the bullet and the casing. called "Estate" and they said the 5th round came out due to the LCR is a light weight frame revolver pistol. OK, I then called Ruger an they told me the same thing.

Queston; what is going to be a reliable round 115g that would stop this from happening? any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Usually revolvers are not ammo sensitive but in this case it is. I put a good crimp on my reloads and plus they are not real stout loads. There are several threads on this problem and what ammo works and don't work. Do some research and use ammo accordingly. Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts