Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user looking for some information on a Ruger LCR that came into my shop today. A customer who worked at the Ruger manufacturing plant came in with a LCR with what appears to be the Blue Navy Digital camo. He claimed it was used as a test piece, and was not an option for sale from Ruger. Looking to see if anyone has information on something like this, and any help is appreciated!

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Well the box nomenclature and model number indicate it started life as the typical LCR .38 SPL. Either the lad is telling the truth or someone else did the work. Perhaps a call to Ruger can validate this as fact.

·
Exchequer
4,602 Posts
This is odd. The box clearly indicates a 38 special, but on Ruger's Website, serial numbers beginning with 345 seem to be only used on 357 and .327 LCR models.

TCA, to get to the bottom of this mystery, I think it best that you send the aforementioned LCR to me for more in-depth research. :)

·
Registered
739 Posts
If I remember correctly, Bud's gun shop and Davidson's had a bunch of these on sale online, including grey, copper color, digital camo, and others. I think they were all .357's. This was probably about 2 years ago. They must have not been that popular over the standard black model, because after about a month, they were substantially less expensive.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I remember LCRs being offered in Armed Forces themed color schemes a few years ago as special editions.

I think this is one of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts