Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately on alot of Ruger's merchandise and other items that the Sturm name is missing,and the logo now only has an "R" in the center instead of the old overlapped "SR" in the logo. Are they dropping any references to Sturm in the company name now?
JL

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
They are dropping the "S" :(

If it wasn't for Strum, they would of never got off the ground. I know he was only around for two years of the company, but I feel they should always honor the man... Next thing you know they will be coloring the eagle red...

Notice all of our logos are 'SR'. That was intentional.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yep, started it last year. All the Ruger family are out of the business now so the corp. thinking if to streamline the business, delete slow production models, and change the name to just "Ruger". I guess since they figure that's all most people know and call the brand anyway. I think it a shame, as Mr. Smith says above, to neglect the money backer and co-founder of the original company.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree,Dropping references to one of the founders of the company is morally wrong. It's sad that in today's business world that things end up like this.
JL

·
Banned
700 Posts
I agree,Dropping references to one of the founders of the company is morally wrong. It's sad that in today's business world that things end up like this.
JL
I agree! Robuck, George Eastman to name a couple others!

The Ruger co we all grew to love is no longer. New folks new philosophy!
Welcome to bigger ain't better!

SD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts