Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Pa. I just aquired a Ruger 77 Mark II in 300 win mag stainless with grey unchekered laminate stock. It also has the black Ruger logo on the floor plate. According to the serial number it was made in 2005. Product number 7049. It is my understanding it was a limited distributor model from Big rock sports. Any idea on the value? Thanks.
Trigger Bicycle part Wood Nickel Gun barrel
Wind instrument Musical instrument Wood Jewellery Metal

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks a lot like my factory SS/laminate Sporter in 30-06. There is a grey/SS in 243 on GB right now at $1099.00.
I got my Sporter basically as new with the scope for a measly $350 from a disgruntled GF of a cheater who wanted it gone 😲 ...
Sky Hunting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks a lot like my factory SS/laminate Sporter in 30-06. There is a grey/SS in 243 on GB right now at $1099.00.
I got my Sporter basically as new with the scope for a measly $350 from a disgruntled GF of a cheater who wanted it gone 😲 ... View attachment 160091
What a snag. 30-06, stainless, and in wood for $350, I'm head over heels.

If my wife did that without just cause I'd probably throw a hammer at the 85" TV she adores.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yours is one of the early runs of these rifles since the stock is not checkered. The later ones right before the Hawkeye was introduced are checkered and some of mine shared the same slimmer stock profile as the Hawkeye has and an LC-6 trigger.

I don’t know what is going on with your floorplate though. I have never seen one on these rifles before and I used to chase these rifles 24/7 looking for certain ones. I would bet it was swapped out because a previous owner liked the logo. I don’t think it hurts you on value since its only a cast aluminum , easily replaced part.

I sold off close to a dozen of these about 5 years ago pre-everyone has lost their frikin minds and did very well vs a normal 77MkII’s going rate. Ones that stood out were the 280 , 264(both checkered) and 7mm-08 (not checkered). Not common calibers in a Ruger. Id guess the 300 was chambered in more numbers than those two combined. In todays market I would not let the bare rifle go for less than a grand , and I might be low on that estimate when seeing some prices lately. And on an auction site like GB with a couple bidders fighting it out who knows what it could fetch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yours is one of the early runs of these rifles since the stock is not checkered. The later ones right before the Hawkeye was introduced are checkered and some of mine shared the same slimmer stock profile as the Hawkeye has and an LC-6 trigger.

I don’t know what is going on with your floorplate though. I have never seen one on these rifles before and I used to chase these rifles 24/7 looking for certain ones. I would bet it was swapped out because a previous owner liked the logo. I don’t think it hurts you on value since its only a cast aluminum , easily replaced part.

I sold off close to a dozen of these about 5 years ago pre-everyone has lost their frikin minds and did very well vs a normal 77MkII’s going rate. Ones that stood out were the 280 , 264(both checkered) and 7mm-08 (not checkered). Not common calibers in a Ruger. Id guess the 300 was chambered in more numbers than those two combined. In todays market I would not let the bare rifle go for less than a grand , and I might be low on that estimate when seeing some prices lately. And on an auction site like GB with a couple bidders fighting it out who knows what it could fetch.
Thanks #1. That was good info. All the ones I have seen so far have the brown laminate stock. Were there more of thoes made then the grey ones?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do believe so. The brown laminate was a factory offering in several calibers for years. I spoke to a rep with Big Rock years ago about their run of the black laminate rifles and was told the checkered 264 for example , had less than 50 of them made. Probably should have kept that one! I am down to only a 25-06 and 280 in the collection now. Both checkered. After the Hawkeye rifles came out I lost interest in Rugers rifle line up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts