Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a bag full of new magazines at my parents' house from years ago. They include four Ruger 30-round magazines two John Masen stainless 30-rounders. I also found three 20-round Ruger magazines. Oh, and one RamLine plastic 30-round magazines, all new.

I know the Ruger mags must work fine, but what kind of reputation does the John Masen 30-rounder mags have? I bought these before I had an Internet to check, and now that I do, I haven't found any recent reviews to check.

They look like good magazines, but I've yet to test them. Are they decent mags or are they duds?

Thanks!

·
"The Real Deal"
8,824 Posts
I have a john mansen 30 rounder in nickel dor my mini 30 I got when I purchased it, never an issue, however I stick with the factory mags in my minis for the 14's and 30. Ramline, thats a name I havent heard in a long time. I have a few I purchased from wally world back in the early 90's for my 10/22, they work ok, the butler creeks worked better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you like to sell a couple of the 30 rounders?
Many thanks to all who responded above. No, I'm going to keep all the magazines. I live in Maryland, one of the most unfriendly gun states in the country; so people with high-capacity magazines tend to keep them.

The magazine ban in Maryland limits us to having 10-shot magazines, but its grandfather clause allows us to possess magazines purchased before the ban.

Regarding the RamLine magazines, I had a friend who bought some years ago. Like mine, they were plastic. He brought them out to an outdoor range, and we had zero malfunctions with them. We rapid fired them, slow fired them and they functioned perfectly. I have no knowledge about the John Masen mags. And they may be nickel, I don't know. The fit appears perfect, though I have no experience with their functional reliability.

Are reputable magazine manufacturers even making 30-round magazines for the civilian market nowadays?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I recently bought a factory Ruger 30rd Mini 14 magazine off eBay, the seller had a buy it now at a great price.:) The sale went through before eBay caught it. I tried to leave feedback for the seller but that was blocked. I PMed him and he said he got a spanking.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts