Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice to see someone else enjoys going after these tree rats. I grew up hunting squirrels and rabbits. Seems everyone overlooks them these days.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Get a few of them cook them in a stew (all the veggies) lay in on a bed of wide egg noodles and you have meal fit for a king..... delicious

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep...I eat a lot of wild game, and squirrels are my favorite.
Cut in serving pieces, roll in flour, salt and pepper. Put cast iron roaster on stovetop, brown squirrels in oil. Add liquid to roaster (Guiness works great) and put in oven at 275 for about 3 hours....check often to add liquid. Serve with biscuits and squirrel gravy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep...I eat a lot of wild game, and squirrels are my favorite.
Cut in serving pieces, roll in flour, salt and pepper. Put cast iron roaster on stovetop, brown squirrels in oil. Add liquid to roaster (Guiness works great) and put in oven at 275 for about 3 hours....check often to add liquid. Serve with biscuits and squirrel gravy.
um...no thank you. I'm full:eek: #citysliker :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
For some reason.? I could never find my self to eat them.? They remind me of a big Rat.? I was corcern about them caring ay disease.? etc.? I always think of those park Squirrels.? that I saw in the city growing up.? But Now living in the Woods.? i see lots of them.? Would like to try some.? etc.?Once I can get past the skinning of them.? iv'e skinned Rabbits Deer.? But those Tree Rats just turn me off.?But every one seems to be raving about eating them etc.?

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Nice.They are delicious. I always smile when someone says eww to wild game, but will eat fast food prepared by God knows who and handled by God knows how many people in some of the dirtiest places you can walk into. These critters eat nuts and seeds. Have you ever been to a chicken farm and watched as one chicken will follow another chicken around and clean up after it? They even eat each other, sometimes alive.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Can't kill our squirrels. What would my dog chase? He loves chasing them though he's never gotten close to catching one. And he's a real good bo

SQUIRREL!!!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Nice to see someone else enjoys going after these tree rats. I grew up hunting squirrels and rabbits. Seems everyone overlooks them these days.
I also grew up hunting squirrels and rabbits. Still love to do it. Great fun and keeps your shooting sharp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts