Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I'm partial to hard cases, especially with semi autos. Makes it easy to carry spare mags. You can pick these up as cheap as 7$ and they will offer better protection than a soft case. Got this Plano at Wally.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
My suggestion is to figure out what kind of case you want. Range bag use? Long term storage? Airline luggage? Presentation?

That will help you decide from the many options available.

Jeff

·
Registered
710 Posts
welcome to the Forum,....what North Country gal pictured above is very good, the factory cases were made for 'shipping' and once you start to mount bases, scope, different grips, etc they no longer work properly, just put that away and save it for the future, and get a case like she shows above, you can even do it a better and get a two gun case and it will hold ALL your "stuff" for that gun, and feel free to cut and modify that foam lining to make it "fit" your "stuff"..............note again, this is NOT for long term storage........

·
Registered
110 Posts
Long term storage?

if this case is for long term storage, keep in mind that many types of foam will hold moisture and cause rust. Same for felt. If it's stored indoors in a climate controlled area should be OK but I'd still throw some dessicant in there just in case.

Personally I mainly use a range bag, plenty of room for earmuffs, gloves, ammo, mags, target, etc. I do have a hard shell case made by ArmorCase, filled with memory foam and lined with a velvet like material, with a steel frame that can be locked. Also has a cable that runs along the inside, can be removed so the case can be secured to a fixed object & locked. Large enough for two pistols with 5" barrels or one long barreled pistol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts